Expert Advisor Does Not Make Trades - page 2

What I don't understand is why the backtest I ran uses so many less bars and ticks than the one you ran. As you can see, I used the same time period, chart, and backtesting method, so we should have very similar if not exact results. Any ideas on that?

rocko3:
What I don't understand is why the backtest I ran uses so many less bars and ticks than the one you ran. As you can see, I used the same time period, chart, and backtesting method, so we should have very similar if not exact results. Any ideas on that?

the count of ticks each bar on your account is so strange

I have an average of 2860 ticks every 1H candel for your account it is an average of 5 ticks. each hour

When did you open that demo account was it this week ??

I agree. The tiny amount of data it's using to backtest is strange. The demo account was opened on August 31st.

rocko3:
I agree. The tiny amount of data it's using to backtest is strange. The demo account was opened on August 31st.

Try this open 1 minute chart press auto scroll buton that the chart is not automatically scroll

Then press UpArrow of your keyboard ( downloading data from your broker )

Put something heavy on that Uparrow key cause it takes a while getting data

When it is done backtest again....

Sorry it took a little while. After trying this, I still get just the single trade when backtesting. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Yes two choices Read this topic https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141245/page4#695546

or go to Donna Forex forum and log in using the link you see here

https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.donnaforex.com/forum/index.php?topic=3642.0

Post 4 of that topic is explained with manual attached how to get your historical data

How to get backtestdata in a separate MetaTrader for testing only ?

For this I made a separate manual .....

This way you can also do testing at the weekends....
always same data, same spread

Hope it is all clearly explained.......

by the way the .odt and the .pdf file are the same manuals maybe .pdf is better to use

If there is something to improve on the manuals I wrote
please let me know. (modified manual 31 may 2011)

Phoenix - backtestaccount 90% Quality.pdf (1868 kB - downloaded xxx times.)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 21:56:19 by deVries »

The first link seemed to have done the trick to get everything working properly. I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

rocko3:
The first link seemed to have done the trick to get everything working properly. I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Not everything like I wrote before

deVries:

=================================

A big problem you have with this EA is that it only open trades if OrdersTotal() is zero

If you have this EA running on your account it can't trade if there is already an open trade manually or from other EA

====================================

For trailing this EA is also checking your trades but it is not checking MagicNumber() EA

it will also trail open trades with same OrdersSymbol()

and it is counting up the loop in this case it will work but if you also close trades inside the loop of checking

then you need to count down for checking trades Make it common to count down checking Trades if you make your own EA

====================================

And also you get problems if you wanna use it as well for 4 as 5 digit brokers and ECN accounts

Reason: