General - page 1838

[Deleted]
I was debugging an indicator's code, when I noticed that while trying to square a double var. less than .001, I get zero. ex. double a1 = .001; // declaration double Sq; Sq = a1*a1; // Sq = 0 ???? I thought it might be resolution, I tried it on computers, The help files say that a double...
Hello everyone, I run my EA from home while at work... it would be great if I could send the displayed chart (with all my indicators displayed) to a bitmap, and then send the file (image) to an FTP site so I could view it on my smartphone (else email it to myself) in order to monitor the day. The...
Hello all, Can lines, symbols, etc. be drawn by the EA? (Or can only Indicators do that). Looking for an example. Thanks for the help. -charliev
  Time  (1)
How does one change the time in Metatrader? I have looked in every menu and can't find it. Thanks
  File Functions  (6)
How can Add data to a closed CSV file, without deleting it's last writed Data? i use: int handle = FileOpen(FileName,FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE,";"); but this syntax delete file data
I want to plot 90 minute charts. How do I do that? Thank you, sam123.
I don't know about you guys, but I am tired of the same old sound beeps for alarms. So If anyone has good sound files please post here. Note, the sound files must be very small, not to clutter the Mem and Cpu load if too many are activated at the same time. Here is a link to a good site witha search...
  Renko and 3 line Break  (23   1 2 3)
Hi Is there Renko and 3 line Break indicator for metatrader like what matestock drawn? I showed metastock Renko and 3 line Break indicator in pictures.
  BBStops  (3)
Hi, Has anyone tried an EA implementing BBStops? Thanks
[Deleted]
In the strategy tester when I open a chart that shows the trades I just tested with arrows I am finding that arrows from previous tests appear on the chart. I have deledted them but when I open a new chart after another test they are back again like I never deleted them. I have tried deleting the...
  How to?  (9)
Hello everyine, Is there a way I can run an Expert without having to leave the computer running? Thanks in advance
hi, i am geting same problem after few weeks again. I can't see all indicators in the naigator window. I don't know the reason,i have too much indicators and i already deleted ones i dont need for sure but now again i can see only indicators to letter 'T' and none below (U,V,W,z..). I dont know...
[Deleted]
I have one friend that uses the stochastic and the cci together when markets are basically flatlining. I'm am thinking that is redundant, they look at the same basic stuff. I was told the zig zag looks at something different. Question basically is when the markets are not really established in a
  Heiken_Ashi_Ma  (21   1 2 3)
I found the attached indicator in Strategy BuilderFx-forum.
  Cycle indicators  (10)
do you think it is possible for metatrader 4 to produce indicators like the ones in the "cycle pack" for esignal. i will try to show pictures of what i am talking about.
  The Holy Grail - What is it?  (60   1 2 3 4 5 6)
what exactly does it mean if the modeling quality of a test is "n/a", but it still produces results?
Hi, can someone fix this to where it paints on the open and close as well as the hi/low range? i tried but something is still missing here somehow. Thanks. SB
Hi, I just want to survey and just want to know. Recently, i just run some EAs demo on my laptop for a couple of week and just want to know how many of you have trade live with automatic trading system. Maybe these can be the question details : 1. What EA that you use for automatic live trading? 2
Hi I would like to know how what's your monthly average equity growth (aprox). No matter if you are using EAs or trade manually. No matter what kind of money management are you using. I am doing this because I've heard a lot of traders saying that they are doing 2-3% monthly and they are very happy
Hi inhere! I need some help about an indicator. Its called fx-fish, may some of you developed it. The proble is that it is not “fixed” or “stable”. Let me give you some examples to understand what I mean. Lets say a pair is going down. I have put a filter at 0.4 and –0.4. Fx-fish makes a red bar at,...
I've been using an EA (ichimoku5_1) and it was doing GREAT until today. How can I tell an EA to not take positions on the first friday of the month? Is there an easy way to make that an input?
Hi, what code do i use to shift to the right by one bar for a custom indicator? SB
  Online forecasts  (2)
In this topic, pleas tell about the sites that send free technical analisys & forecasts, several times in a day. (or onlie chart analisys)
is there any way to close all position at one shot manually at anytime? ** open position was generated by EA.
Somebody please modify this indicator to histogram mode or anything as long as in a separate window so we can see price action while using this indicator. Thank you
I think there is a bug in the optimization portion of MT4, Build 195. Suppose, you try to optimize a parameter A (an extern variable), and in the "expert properties" selection the value is say 12. Now you run the optimization and you want to change the value of A to 5. You uncheck the selection A in...
Has anyone worked out the optimum setting for triggerlines?
Hey guys. I am looking for elliott wave indicator, and pivot lines indicator for mt3. I have mt4 and a whole lot of mt4 indacaters. I didn't realize fxdd was still on mt3. The CCI, e-wave indicators together with a pivot line indacator (or manual calc.) give a sweet trend reversal signal, and can...