Slawa: Question for you regarding MT4 order handling feature ?

Hi Slawa,

Hope you are well.

We are now in the process of becoming a CTA to trade forex for our clients.

We will soon have 10 different forex systems, and want to run these systems simulatanously all on teh one single forex account with FXDD.

Problem is that to do this, each expert advisor MQL4 code has to make reference to the other expert advisors, which makes things complex when running 10 (or even more) expert advisors all on the one forex account.

For your interest, TradeStation 8 software (your main competitor) has a "Trade Manager" matrix window feature, which "easily" allows 10 different systems to run simultaneouly on the 1 forex account.

Do you see teh problem i am gettign at? If so, can you mention this to your programmers and management, to see if MT4 can be enhanced in teh future by setting up a Trade Manager matrix to handle this specific situation ?

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Rod

Hi Rod,

yes, I understand your problem, but it will not be solved in the client terminal as it is, as you said yourself, a rather specific problem.

The solution will not be embedded in the client terminal either, for it can be made in MQL4. It is not very easy, but rather possible.

RJF,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your problem correctly, but:

1) If you are just trying to have each EA "own" its own trades and not be confused by the trades taken by other EA's, then use the magic number feature. Set up code to construct and deconstruct magic numbers so each EA knows which trades it is responsible for.

2) As far as EA's communicating with each other. I use a combination of global variable schemes and writing array data out to files FileWriteArray() and FileReadArray() functions. If you manage your file names correctly, it will not become too confusing.

Hope this helps.

-Christian

Hi Rod,

yes, I understand your problem, but it will not be solved in the client terminal as it is, as you said yourself, a rather specific problem.

The solution will not be embedded in the client terminal either, for it can be made in MQL4. It is not very easy, but rather possible.

Thanks Slawa. Another question for you if this is ok? Lets say we have 30 systems named 1 to 30. Lets say each system, except for system 8, has an open buy order in the trade terminal. Lets say we now want to check all 29 open orders to see if system 8 already has an open order. In your opinion what is teh best way to do this checking for open order for system 8 ?

Thanks Slawa.

Regards

Rod

Every system should have its own unique "magic number", by wich all the orders may be marked. Every system works with its own (magic number!) orders.
Reason: