80% of EA not working in tester.

As title says, I have no idea what is wrong but only a handful of EA from the market are actually working through the MLQ5 tester. All the other ones runs the tester but it doesn't buy anything. (Most EA tried are the Free and a few Demo)

On a few I tried playing with the amount, leverage, time frames, but nothing seem to work.

When downloading the EA, does it need something else to go with it, such as an indicator and if so, which one am I suppose to download. So confused and frustrated at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

P.S: I don't know if this helps isolating the problem but only found 2 EA that works through the tester the Master Stochastic 12.00  &  Fibonacci Retracement Trader 1.00

Supremax67:

As title says, I have no idea what is wrong but only a handful of EA from the market are actually working through the MLQ5 tester. All the other ones runs the tester but it doesn't buy anything. (Most EA tried are the Free and a few Demo)..................

Contact the service desk if there is a problem with an EA that is sold in the marketplace.

Also contact the author if there is a problem.

Market

https://www.mql5.com/en/market

Click on the market link as indicated above.

Then look on the lower left side of the page.

There are links for the tutorial and other reference materials.

A Market of trading robots, technical indicators, and other trading applications - MetaTrader Market
A Market of trading robots, technical indicators, and other trading applications - MetaTrader Market
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader Market - a Market of trading robots, indicators, trading books and magazines

Jack Thomas:

Contact the service desk if there is a problem with an EA that is sold in the marketplace.

Also contact the author if there is a problem.

Market

https://www.mql5.com/en/market

Click on the market link as indicated above.

Then look on the lower left side of the page.

There are links for the tutorial and other reference materials.

But that's just it, I read the other comments and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong from their perspective. What am I missing?

Supremax67:

But that's just it, I read the other comments and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong from their perspective. What am I missing?

You will need to ask the author of the item you purchased from the market for help, and also the service desk if there is a problem.

It is a little bit odd that some EAs do not trade since it is required by the automatic validation process each EA has to pass that at least one trading operation is performed on the most common Symbol/Timeframe combinations.
Reason: