MT5 arithmetic bug

I converted my code from MT4 to MT5.

I just discovered that something was not working like it was supposed to do...

I put a lot of stuff in my magic number, when I parse the order, I validate if the magic is fitting with my current executioner.

This code was working on MT4, on MT5 it return false while it's supposed to be true!!

return m_magic_number == (magic_number & 0xffff07ff);

So my magic number in my EA is 0xff000001, the magic I compare is also 0xff000001

so "return 0xff000001 == (0xff000001 & 0xffff07ff)" is true

but it return false... on mt4 it work like a charm...

labidus:

I converted my code from MT4 to MT5.

I just discovered that something was not working like it was supposed to do...

I put a lot of stuff in my magic number, when I parse the order, I validate if the magic is fitting with my current executioner.

This code was working on MT4, on MT5 it return false while it's supposed to be true!!

So my magic number in my EA is 0xff000001, the magic I compare is also 0xff000001

so "return 0xff000001 == (0xff000001 & 0xffff07ff)" is true

but it return false... on mt4 it work like a charm...

I'm not sure how you are getting false... 

void OnStart() {
   Print(bool(0xff000001 == (0xff000001 & 0xffff07ff))); //true
}

nicholi shen:

I'm not sure how you are getting false... 

MT4 work but MT5 always false, but the difference I was using this and the variable are int, maybe a bug between unsigned int and int

return m_magic_number == (magic_number & 0xffff07ff);

For now i am using just this:
return m_magic_number == magic_number;

... anyway I have a lot of issues with MT5, with invalid price while they are fine, it's like nothing work like what it should, I use the MT5 from my broker and it is maybe why

I have a lot of issue...

So now, kinda switch back to 4...

labidus:

MT4 work but MT5 always false, but the difference I was using this and the variable are int, maybe a bug between unsigned int and int

... anyway I have a lot of issues with MT5, with invalid price while they are fine, it's like nothing work like what it should, I use the MT5 from my broker and it is maybe why

I have a lot of issue...

So now, kinda switch back to 4...

0xff000001 constant is of uint type.

magic number in mql5 are of ulong type.

Anyway, no way to know how you could get a false, except it's a bug in your code and not in mql5.