How to Start with Metatrader 5 - page 20

Hi TIMisthebest,

This is the theory/science. Big theory started from British Navy research and continuing to our forex market (it was implemented by Russians to our forex market). I mean: technical analysis, indicators, EAs and so on - everything is different in there.

I will start this thread but let me continue this thread for this week Stochastic, after that - the thread about AbsoluteStrength indicator, about Ichimoku indicator and some system (which people asked), and after that - I will start some big thread aboit Digital Filters.

========

Some people say that Moving Averages indicator is in competition with Ichimoku (there are some articles about it ... and MA-lovers/traders are in permanent "conflict" with Ichimoku lovers/traders) ... but Digital Filters are out of any competition - this is very strong theory which was started from 1940s

Market condition setup with indicators and template to use was uploaded on this post: Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5

Just for information

Forum

Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5

newdigital, 2013.06.06 15:54

This is one of setup to be used with technical analysis - this post. But I uploaded on this thread Stochastic the other setup which we can use in technical analysis too (to create the threads and to make simple analysis of the market condition). This second one is related to Stochastic and it is here with one exception: period for slow MA should be 200 instead of 100 for example.

Just some information: Preliminary Announcement of the MetaTrader 5 Updates: Renewed signals window and trade signal registration command

Terminal: Added ability to set Stop Loss and Take Profit levels in market order placing dialog for symbols having Market and Exchange execution types. If the values of the levels are specified in points, the final value of placed Stop Loss and Take Profit prices is calculated based on the order's market price at the moment the request was placed in the client terminal.

Terminal: Added display of trading levels' deviation from the market's, position's or order's price in points and client deposit currency when dragging trade levels of orders and stops.

and more. By the way - I've already saw trading levels' deviation yesterday and it is very good feature.

Something to read ...

Good article found: MQL5 Programming Basics: Time :

In MQL5, time is measured in seconds elapsed since the beginning of the so-called Unix epoch that began on January 1, 1970. To store time, we use variables of the datetime type. The minimum value of a datetime-type variable is 0 (corresponding to the date of the epoch start), while the maximum value is 32 535 244 799 (corresponding to 23:59:59 on December 31, 3000).

Just want to remind about summary for this thread - How to start with MT5 platform : summary

Popular thread about ratings for the Signals : Rating System of Trading Signals Improved

I just found old EA - Terminator_v2.0 which was converted from MT4.

This EA is next generation from famous Firebird and it is used as "swap collector" for the frirst time. But later on - EA was improved many times with many versions (there is my few versions too which I made Terminator with the combination of asctrend indicators on scalping way).

So, I mean - if someone want tpo test some automatic trading system on demo account )just to try) - use this EA : Terminator_v2.0

I am receiving PMs about "I want to code on mql5 so how can i start?" - so I want to remind this good article about it:

Step-By-Step Guide to writing an Expert Advisor in MQL5 for Beginners

About over-optimization or curve fitting ... many traders are talking about it on many fiorex forums ... so - read this small thread Optimization : Curve Fitting about it.
Reason: