Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Share links on the Forum. Now they have Rich Content!
Anok Imchen
Anok Imchen 2012.12.22 20:46 
In MT4, the lowest possible timeframe is 1 Min. And the tick are generated randomly by Mt4 while backtesting. Well, i'm new to MT5, i've full tick data  and therefore i'd like to backtest using using my tick data (not randomly generated BID/Ask by Metatrader). Is it possible?
Liping Wang
Liping Wang 2012.12.23 00:07  

In MT5 you can select tick by tick.

Achmad Hidayat
Achmad Hidayat 2012.12.23 00:33  
AnokImchen:
In MT4, the lowest possible timeframe is 1 Min. And the tick are generated randomly by Mt4 while backtesting. Well, i'm new to MT5, i've full tick data  and therefore i'd like to backtest using using my tick data (not randomly generated BID/Ask by Metatrader). Is it possible?
For more datails you can read this help : http://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/tester/tester_settings
phi nuts
phi nuts 2012.12.23 03:01  
AnokImchen:
If you have tick data, actually, you can back test using tick data in MT4, but not in MT5. :(
Francisco Garcia Garcia
Francisco Garcia Garcia 2013.01.01 14:09  

It would be interesting if you could do real ticks backtest in MT5. Anyone know? I think is not possible.

For MT4 you can do it using http://eareview.net/tick-data/tick-data-backtesting 

How to backtest using tick data with Metatrader 4 | Birt's EA review
  • eareview.net
If you’re trying to follow this guide, you must have gone through acquiring tick data and converting it for Metatrader 4 usage and as a result you should have the HST files in your folder and the FXT in your folder. If you’re not at this stage, please revise the guides linked above. This guide is split in several sections: Enabling tick data...
/
To add comments, please log in or register