Backtesting with tick data

Say I have an EA that execute based on tick level (Bid Ask) information, is there a way to backtest it with tick level information in metatrader? There are two problems:

a. it seems metatrader only supports 1 min chart and tick level are simulated (not accurate)

b. where could I get the tick level data?

If the answer is no for metatrader, is there other way I could backtest it (free better but paid solutions is alright) with tick level information?

MT4 or MT5 ?

jackee1234:

Say I have an EA that execute based on tick level (Bid Ask) information, is there a way to backtest it with tick level information in metatrader? There are two problems:

a. it seems metatrader only supports 1 min chart and tick level are simulated (not accurate)

b. where could I get the tick level data?

If the answer is no for metatrader, is there other way I could backtest it (free better but paid solutions is alright) with tick level information?

Alain, why are you asking Mt4 or Mt5?

"Mt4 can!", use (google) e.g. Tickstory, but Mt5 practically can't as for Mt5 the tickdata-formate of hasn't been opened by Metaquotes and may be (only) some broker offer some data but I personally doubt that you'll get tickdata going back several years!

Carl Schreiber:

Alain, why are you asking Mt4 or Mt5?

"Mt4 can!", use (google) e.g. Tickstory, but Mt5 practically can't as for Mt5 the tickdata-formate of hasn't been opened by Metaquotes and may be (only) some broker offer some data but I personally doubt that you'll get tickdata going back several years!

I asked because the answer is different for MT4 or MT5.

The question is about using real ticks data, not custom data.

Reason: