help me please, about freelance seller

Helo

I was talking with a seller on the freelance service, because I've post a job.

There was 3 sellers, and I was mostly talking with one of them.

We talk, talk, talk, and I send him one source code that I had about another indicator bought on the freelance service.

We end talking, I went out 2 hours have a walk, and when I come back, the conversation has disapear.

And, I don't remember his name.

Question 1 >> why did the conversation disapear ?

Question 2 >> Can I see message that I have published to find the name of the guy I was talking to.

Question 3 >> Was it a bad thing to send a source code to a seller ? (a source code built by another seller).

Thanks for your answers

You can write to the service desk ... 
(but I am not sure that they will help in this situation for example).

Sergey Golubev:

You can write to the service desk ... 
(but I am not sure that they will help in this situation for example).

thanks

AMADIN1980:

Question 1 >> why did the conversation disapear ?

Question 2 >> Can I see message that I have published to find the name of the guy I was talking to.

Question 3 >> Was it a bad thing to send a source code to a seller ? (a source code built by another seller).

1. The programmer probably changed their mind after reading your specifications, and decided to delete their quote from your project.
  2. Probably not because they don't have anything to do with your project.
  3. Do you own the source code or have permission to redistribute the source code in question? *
Some programmers provide the source code to their clients for various reasons such as a security audit of the code, however the programmer may still retain full ownership and all IP rights depending on whatever license agreement you have with them.
I'd suggest checking with your attorney if you have some concern.

- Jack

* If you don't own the code, and don't have permission to redistribute it, then yes it could be a problem because you violated the terms of service, and it may be illegal for you to distribute depending on your applicable laws.

As a side note, I have noticed that the new Freelance layout no longer displays our "Open" jobs for "My Works", nor does it show the open jobs via our profiles.

It only shows details for "Closed", "Rejected" or in "Arbitration", but not the currently "Open" ones (it is just an empty tab).

Luckily, I have saved the links of all Jobs that I took part it, and so was able to return to the jobs and discussions of the open ones. Otherwise, I would not have been unable to get back to them in the normal way.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Could this be related to what the OP is experiencing?

Fernando Carreiro:

Could this be related to what the OP is experiencing?

Probably not in this instance.

The OP was talking to a programmer in regard to a quote on a project listing.

If a programmer deletes their quote, then they are no longer participating in the project discussion, so they are no longer visible to the client as they weren't picked for the job.

Jack Thomas: Probably not in this instance. The OP was talking to a programmer in regard to a quote on a project listing. If a programmer deletes their quote, then they are no longer participating in the project discussion, so they are no longer visible to the client as they weren't picked for the job.

In the very least the coder could have left a reply. However, he may have deleted his discussion if the OP uploaded "decompiled" code. I have done this before myself, since the developers also get banned when taking part in jobs with decompiled code, the coder in this case could have done exactly that.

AMADIN1980: I was talking with a seller on the freelance service, because I've post a job ... and I send him one source code that I had about another indicator bought on the freelance service.

So, a note to  @AMADIN1980, even though you claim that the Indicator code you uploaded was from a previous Freelance Job, if it contained "decompiled" code (for whatever the reason or unscrupulous practices), the coder you were talking to may have decided to not risk being banned and deleted his discussion with you. It is strictly against the rules to upload or request jobs for decompiled code.

Jack Thomas:
  1. The programmer probably changed their mind after reading your specifications, and decided to delete their quote from your project.
  2. Probably not because they don't have anything to do with your project.
  3. Do you own the source code or have permission to redistribute the source code in question? *
Some programmers provide the source code to their clients for various reasons such as a security audit of the code, however the programmer may still retain full ownership and all IP rights depending on whatever license agreement you have with them.
I'd suggest checking with your attorney if you have some concern.

- Jack

* If you don't own the code, and don't have permission to redistribute it, then yes it could be a problem because you violated the terms of service, and it may be illegal for you to distribute depending on your applicable laws.

If the developer does not supply the source code, he supply only the application. If he is an application supplier, has the liabilities of an application supplier or he stay in the middle, neither is programmer, neither is application supplier? Are you joking?

Reason: