I cannot subscribe to some signals

Hi there

i am very new to MT4 and MT5, i downloaded many platforms from many Forex brokers, both MT4 and MT5, i have sucessfully subscribed to 4 signals

I recently downloaded from FXOPEN their ECN Meta Trade platform, and i cannot subscribe to signals there, i tried to do it from here but also failed

Is there something i am missing ?

Thanks for the help 

cyberwave:

Hi there

i am very new to MT4 and MT5, i downloaded many platforms from many Forex brokers, both MT4 and MT5, i have sucessfully subscribed to 4 signals

I recently downloaded from FXOPEN their ECN Meta Trade platform, and i cannot subscribe to signals there, i tried to do it from here but also failed

Is there something i am missing ?

Thanks for the help 

Can you be more specific please, is it MT4 or MT5 and what build is it ?.

Some broker actually disable signal service, these brokers may have their own PAMM account service and does not want MQL5 signal service compete with their PAMM service. AFAIK, FXOpen also have their own PAMM account.

So maybe it's better you ask that question to the broker itself. 

phi.nuts:

Can you be more specific please, is it MT4 or MT5 and what build is it ?.

Some broker actually disable signal service, these brokers may have their own PAMM account service and does not want MQL5 signal service compete with their PAMM service. AFAIK, FXOpen also have their own PAMM account.

So maybe it's better you ask that question to the broker itself. 

It was downloaded from FXopen , it is MT4, not sure what built, i have no idea what PAMM is, so please give me a link to it so i can check it out :-)

Now, the best thing about it is when i go to signals, i find very good signal providers under live account with their own money, the next best thing is when u install it, u get to choose which folder to install to,..

hence it allows u to open unlimited number of MT4 windows each testing a strategy for u if u will, do u know how else i am able to do that with MT4 i download from here ? or MT5 ? :)

thanks in advance 

cyberwave:

It was downloaded from FXopen , it is MT4, not sure what built, i have no idea what PAMM is, so please give me a link to it so i can check it out :-)

Now, the best thing about it is when i go to signals, i find very good signal providers under live account with their own money, the next best thing is when u install it, u get to choose which folder to install to,..

hence it allows u to open unlimited number of MT4 windows each testing a strategy for u if u will, do u know how else i am able to do that with MT4 i download from here ? or MT5 ? :)

thanks in advance 

Basically, PAMM is managed account, here's Google search (click here) and here some explanation in Forex Factory forum (click here). 

To have signal service in MT4, we must use MT4 build 445. On all of your MT4, why don't you click help menu > about > and read on left bottom corner the build number. If FXOpen MT4 build number is not 445, then it cannot accept signal.

phi.nuts:

Basically, PAMM is managed account, here's Google search (click here) and here some explanation in Forex Factory forum (click here). 

To have signal service in MT4, we must use MT4 build 445. On all of your MT4, why don't you click help menu > about > and read on left bottom corner the build number. If FXOpen MT4 build number is not 445, then it cannot accept signal.

Thanks phi

i checked, it is 445 and i see the signal providers, i just can't subscribe to them as the subscribe/unsubscribe buttons are shaded and not clickable altho my mt4 login info are inserted in the settings of the platform

does this mean that the provider diables following signals ?  

cyberwave:

Thanks phi

i checked, it is 445 and i see the signal providers, i just can't subscribe to them as the subscribe/unsubscribe buttons are shaded and not clickable altho my mt4 login info are inserted in the settings of the platform

does this mean that the provider diables following signals ?  

Are sure you doing it correctly ?, I open FXOpen demo ECN account and able to subscribe to signal. Could you re-check again step by step from beginning and also maybe there's something you miss in rules on subscribing signal (https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/rules point IV) 
Rules of Using the Signals Service
Rules of Using the Signals Service
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Service MQL5 Trading Signals: Signal Providers, how to create a signal subscription signals.

Hi,

I (ECN-Demo with FXChoice) have the same problems!?

I selected one after the other two different  signal provider, which were displayed on its tab of my MT4 (b. 445).

I entered my mql  login in my mt4, I clicked on subscribe and agreed to the terms and then I have to read in the journal tab:

2012.11.30 08:50:03    '7362': Signal - signal does not exist or is disabled
2012.11.30 08:50:03    '7362': Signal - subscribe to signal 'A0' started
2012.11.30 08:50:03    '7362': Signal - agrees to the terms of use of the signal service for 'A0'
2012.11.30 08:41:21    '7362': Signal - signal does not exist or is disabled
2012.11.30 08:41:21    '7362': Signal - subscribe to signal 'A MR HAPPY' started
2012.11.30 08:41:21    '7362': Signal - agrees to the terms of use of the signal service for 'A MR HAPPY'
2012.11.30 08:40:19    '7362': Signal - signal does not exist or is disabled
2012.11.30 08:40:19    '7362': Signal - subscribe to signal 'A MR HAPPY' started
2012.11.30 08:40:19    '7362': Signal - agrees to the terms of use of the signal service for 'A MR HAPPY'
2012.11.30 08:37:08    '7362': Signal - signal does not exist or is disabled
2012.11.30 08:37:08    '7362': Signal - subscribe to signal 'A MR HAPPY' started
2012.11.30 08:37:08    '7362': Signal - agrees to the terms of use of the signal service for 'A MR HAPPY'

The selected signal providers trade themselves on mt4, I just rechecked.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance?

Calli

PS I'd like to add a question: If the signal-trader (sender, manager) trades 1.0 lot can i influence e.g. reduce this lot-size of the manager, or do I have to copy this as it is?

You can't sign up for signal with signal's account leverage more than 1:100
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

That could be, but if this is the case, the error description is really miss leading :(

gooly:

That could be, but if this is the case, the error description is really miss leading :(

Indeed : the error description is not informative ;( .

Gooly, I think you should read this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8941#comment_378920 and this https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8941#comment_380126

To answer your question ...

PS I'd like to add a question: If the signal-trader (sender, manager) trades 1.0 lot can i influence e.g. reduce this lot-size of the manager, or do I have to copy this as it is?

I think you have to calculate that your self, by setting how much percentage of your money you allow to trade.

Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals
Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals
  • www.mql5.com
Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals.

On MT4 it is cannot exceed 500:1, that is if the signal provider's leverage is EXCEED 500:1, than you cannot subscribe to this. Now my issue is how to restrict the currency traded by the signal provider?

Eg Signal provider provides signal to 16 major currencies, some of which I DO NOT want to trade due to high margin requirements and LOW volume trading condition, eg, SGDJPY

Can I suppress this currency in my MT4 Market Watch and system will then "not find" it and not trade it? Is there a walkaround solution to this?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Reason: