Signal Subscription Help

Hi Everyone

I need some help setting up a signal subscription. Iv got everything set up but when it copies trades it always uses size of 0.1 lots and theres always so much free margin available.

I have $300 deposit and its only using $10 as a margin across 5 trades ($2 margin for each trade).

Is this right or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks 

It is what I collected (replies) - hope it helps.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can you change the ratio in which a signal is subscribed to?

angevoyageur, 2014.02.04 13:31

You have only 2 ways to act on the calculated ratio :

• Increase "% of deposit used" in Signals settings.
  • Add more capital to your account.

Different Standard Lot Size between subscriber broker and signal broker

angevoyageur, 2014.02.15 10:18

About rounding of ratio, please read the Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service point 15. How the lot size itself is rounded I am not sure, in your example (10% applied to 0.20 lot) it seems you are right. Can you provide more details ?

Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied?

newdigital, 2013.08.14 07:40

And there is some changes related to lot size/volume made in one of the build of Metatrader:

===========

Signals: Changed the algorithm for calculation of the copied deal's volume in case a Signal Source and a Subscriber have different leverages:

Current algorithm: A deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 5 lots in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

New algorithm: If subscriber's leverage exceeds the one of the Signal Source, it does not affect a volume of a copied deal. Otherwise, the deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. 
It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 1 lot in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions

Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied?

newdigital, 2013.08.14 07:40

And the main page for subscribers to understand about which lot size they will have when subscribe - this one https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (started from the words "Copying Trading Operations, Volume Calculation"). Same in Russian https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber (if someone prefer russian more than english for example). 

Just for information.  

newdigital:

It is what I collected (replies) - hope it helps.

Thank you so much for all your help! much appreciated.

I increased the % of deposit used and it seemed to help a little bit. 

Would still like to take on more risk than the signal provider but I don't think I will be able to do that 

Reason: