Say & Ask anything/everything - page 8

gbemitte:
Can i sell mql4 product in the market section?
I think I've read it somewhere in forum : Nope.

gbemitte:
Can i sell mql4 product in the market section?
No, only products for MetaTrader 5

phi.nuts:
I think I've read it somewhere in forum : Nope.

Dear Phi,

May I ask why Metaquotes made a policy that once EAs, Indicators, are submitted, they can't be edited or replaced by the owner for reasons of bugs?

And also once messages are sent to a user, they also can't be edited for mistakes. 

(CS2011 for example.)

Thank you.

PCWalker:

Dear Phi,

May I ask why Metaquotes made a policy that once EAs, Indicators, are submitted, they can't be edited or replaced by the owner for reasons of bugs?

Because everything is moderated before publishing. After a product is published you cannot modify it directly, because the changes made become publicly available right away.

PCWalker:

And also once messages are sent to a user, they also can't be edited for mistakes. 

If you mean your comment, then you can change it, but you need to go to the discussion first.

Alexx:
Because everything is moderated before publishing. After a product is published you cannot modify it directly, because the changes made become publicly available right away.
How can it be published with bugs?

Alexx:
If you mean your comment, then you can change it, but you need to go to the discussion first.
I mean a private message, I can't edit it.

PCWalker:
I mean a private message, I can't edit it.
That's a general practice, once you send a message, it's instantly delivered and you cannot change the message history..

PCWalker:
What do you mean? There is a procedure of updating products - one can fix a bug and upload the new version of the file, that will be published after checking by a moderator.
How to Post a Product in the Market
How to Post a Product in the Market
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Publish your interesting applications in the Market, and they will be immediately available to all traders who use MetaTrader 5 worldwide. The Market is a great opportunity to earn, with an immediate transfer to the account and convenient statistics to help you analyze purchases and downloads of demo versions of your products. All MQL5 programs in the Market are automatically encrypted for a specific buyer, allowing up to three activations, and do not require additional protection from your side.

PCWalker:

PCWalker, are you talking about those free products in code base (https://www.mql5.com/en/code) or commercial products in market section (https://www.mql5.com/en/market) ?

I thought you're talking about those in code base. 

MQL5 Code Base
MQL5 Code Base
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5 Source Code Library for the MetaTrader 5
Reason: