Discussion of article "How to Subscribe to Trading Signals" - page 15

kkbmw3636:

HI

I am getting error on my journal tab after subscription to signals.

1. signal- trade request failed [invaild volume]

2. signal -synchronisation terminated, cannot copy position

3. signal- synchronisation failed, processing of trade actions disabled.

Can someone help regarding this?

Thank you

Hi please check your GBPUSD symbol specification(min lot). And write post with logs to the ServiceDesk

MaxEmperor:

2015.01.08 01:29:39.648 '[account]': Signal - different specification of symbol EURUSD, signal provider has maximal volume 10000.00, subscriber has 50.00

Hello, I get this message, the signal works fine but gives me only smallest trade size 0.01 each trade.

i think because my broker minimum lot is 0.01 but provider is 0.1, but message says maximal volume so I don't understand it

is there any way around this or I cannot use this signal provider with my broker??

It's information message about volume difference between subscriber(you) and signal provider. You could copy signals without any issues.

It's information message about volume difference between subscriber(you) and signal provider. You could copy signals without any issues.

it is copying ok, but provider is making trade 0.1 lot and my copy trade is only 0.01 because set use 5% then 30% of equity...

so I set "use 95% of equity" and is now closer to provider trade size 

the leverage is little different, provider 500, mine is 400 and account equity is similar provider

So question, this percentage of equity setting is useful if provider is trading much bigger lot sizes or had bigger equity? but if accounts are similar, percentage should be equal (or 95%)?  ...thanks for the help 

MaxEmperor:

it is copying ok, but provider is making trade 0.1 lot and my copy trade is only 0.01 because set use 5% then 30% of equity...

the leverage is little different, provider 500, mine is 400 and account equity is similar provider

So question, this percentage of equity setting is useful if provider is trading much bigger lot sizes or had bigger equity? but if accounts are similar, percentage should be equal (or 95%)?  ...thanks for the help 

This is option to control the risk of the subscribers account. Please read this FAQ and this.

MaxEmperor:

Although it doesn't look like much, the difference in your leverage is going to make a significant difference to the lot size calculation. Add that to the 5% you lose when setting the equity to 95% (I wish it could be 100%!!), currency conversion, rounding etc and it quickly adds up.

You can see all of the steps MT uses to set the lot sizes here

thanks appreciate your help, i understand it now, but seems this setting is not very helpful and does little to control risk considering the provider can vary the lot size.

MaxEmperor:
thanks appreciate your help, i understand it now, but seems this setting is not very helpful and does little to control risk considering the provider can vary the lot size.
Yup, I agree there could be a lot of improvements made to the subscription/lot sizing/risk side of things. But for now, we just need to know how the system works so we can play the game the best we can :)

Hello, another question i couldnt find the answer in FAQ, can you copy trades if your account is in different base currency, ie USD to GGBP? I thought it should be ok if is more than 1 dollar like gbp? 

MaxEmperor:
Hello, another question i couldnt find the answer in FAQ, can you copy trades if your account is in different base currency, ie USD to GGBP? I thought it should be ok if is more than 1 dollar like gbp? 
Hi Max

Yes you sure can - as long as your broker supports both currencies. For instance, If you have USD and the signal is in RUB but your broker does not support USDRUB, then MT has no way of working out the currency conversion when figuring out lot sizes. If you do have the appropriate currency at your broker, the difference will be calculated using the current conversion rate when doing the lot size comparison.

Cheers

Hi every one

I can't see "signals tab" in my mt4

you can help me pleas ?

hello, i subscribe from "Million Dollar Project" with 19300% growth and pay 100$, i see this signal provider name in my subscription section, but it cant copy in my account and also i cant see detail in website and show this message: Paid signal: some information is available for Subscribers only. Subscribe to get full access. why? also signal provider dont show any subscribers while i pay 100$.
Reason: