Automated Trading Championship 2010 - page 7

Rosh:

More correctly

by the way ,

the auto combine functions, make EA difficult to use different TP in same symbol .

and the limits of pending orders(3 only) , will make EA difficult to use such strategy when you have several Symbol position opened

Rosh:
To clarify some of the questions that have arisen recently from a number of users, I will explain some of the following examples:
  1. There can be no more than 3 (pending) orders at the same time for all Symbols. An Order is a request to open a position (whether it is done now or in the near future), the number of orders can be obtained through the function OrdersTotal().
  2. The volume of the (pending) order cannot exceed 5 lots.
  3. It is important that we do not mix up an order with an open position. A position is the result of an executed Buy or Sell of a Symbol. For each Symbol, at any given time, only one position can be opened – whether it is to buy or to sell. There are no limitations on the number of open positions, but since the rules of the ATC 2010 only allow trading 12 instruments (Symbols), only 12 positions can be opened at any given time during the Championship. This is a natural limitation, enforced by the market environment. The number of open positions can be obtained through the function PositionsTotal().
  4. For each instrument (Symbol) the total volume of the (open) position and (pending) orders cannot exceed 15 lots, regardless of the direction of the position or the type of order. Let's use the EURUSD currency pair to analyze some possible examples. For example if we have an open position for 15 lots, then we cannot have any pending orders for this Symbol. However, the placed Stop Loss and Take Profit are not considered pending orders. The results:
    • For a EURUSD we can have a position with 5 lots, and two orders, each with a volume of 5 lots (for example one Buy Stop and one Sell Stop order)
    • Or we can have a position with 10 lots, and only one order with a 5 lot volume
    • Or we can have a position with 10 lots, and up to 3 orders, with a total volume not exceeding 5 lots. Volume of position + total volume of orders <= 15 lots.
  5. The presence of a position for a Symbol can be checked using the function PositionSelect(), the volume of the specified position can be obtained through the function PositionGetDouble()  
  6. We can find out the volume of a pending order through the function  OrderGetDouble()

hi, Rosh

The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3. 

may i ask :

do position + pending order = 3  (1 position ,2 pendings)

or

position + pending order = 4 (1 position ,3 pendings) ?

hi , Rosh

The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3. --> do that means 1 symbol or all symbol's pending ?

if I have 3 symbols , do that means i can have 3 x 3 =9 pendings

u may think that such number of pendings is not realistic, but my ea will trade 3 symbol, and use 3 different TP for each symbol--> so i may pend 9 orders

kelly:

hi, Rosh

The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3. 

may i ask :

or

position + pending order = 4 (1 position ,3 pendings) ?

Second is correct

do position + pending order = 4  (1 position ,3 pendings)

kelly:

hi , Rosh

The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3. --> do that means 1 symbol or all symbol's pending ?

if I have 3 symbols , do that means i can have 3 x 3 =9 pendings

No, youn can have no more than 3 pending orders for all symbols

Rosh:

More correctly

should be MathMin, not MathsMin

Rosh:
No, youn can have no more than 3 pending orders for all symbols

So, if I have 12 positions for all 12 symbols, I can have no more than 2 pending orders for all symbols.

Is that correct?

alohafx:

So, if I have 12 positions for all 12 symbols, I can have no more than 2 pending orders for all symbols.

Is that correct?

Sorry, I fixed my previous post. You are absolutely right. You can have 3 pending orders and 1 position on the same symbol.

do position + pending order = 4  (1 position ,3 pendings)

Rosh:

Sorry, I fixed my previous post. You are absolutely right. You can have 3 pending orders and 1 position on the same symbol.

The max positions we can have is;

15 lots * 12 symbols = 180 lots (if enuf money in the account) (wow! 12 times more than ATC2008)

but no more pending order before close at least 0.1 lot.

If we have 179.7 lots, then we can have +3 pending orders for 0.1 lot each.

Is this right?

BTW, when will we get the account number and log-in password for the Contest Account?

alohafx:

The max positions we can have is;

15 lots * 12 symbols = 180 lots (if enuf money in the account) (wow! 12 times more than ATC2008)

but no more pending order before close at least 0.1 lot.

If we have 179.7 lots, then we can have +3 pending orders for 0.1 lot each.

Is this right?

Yes. it is right, because we can have several options:

• 11*15 lot + 1*14.7 lot + 3 pending*0.1 lot
  • 10*15 lot + (1*14.8 lot+2 pending*0.1 lot)+(1*14.9 lot + 1 pending*0.1 lot)
  • 9*5 lot + 3*(14.9 lot +  pending*0.1 lot)
etc.
Reason: