Signal received but symbol not found?

Hi everyone,

I have subscribed to a signal but i must have done something wrong.

All i get in the logs are messages like this:

"2015.09.03 19:51:06.160 '200': Signal - position #9393030 sell 0.01 AUDNZD at 1.11175 skipped as no symbol found"

I have all symbols "shown" in market watch so im not sure why the symbol is not found???

Any help would be appreciated 

Could it possibly be because my account is a spread betting account? 

Cheers guys 

Hi did you sort this out? I have the same problem.

I'm trying to do it on EURUSD but it shows as EURUSD-sb with my broker so it wont work

Paul 

Having the same exact issue with GBPUSD because the signal shows it as GBPUSD_ST and therefore says, "skipped as no symbol found."

I'm surprised this isn't a more common issue.

There's probably a way to write a script (or EA) that converts the signal into the proper trade order,

but I'm hoping there's an easier work around.

Hi guys did you found any solution for this?

Regards.

Did anyone in this thread fix this problem?

BUMP

I'm having the same issue with a signal for USCrud not matching USOIL 

Ross Cormode:

Hi everyone,

I have subscribed to a signal but i must have done something wrong.

All i get in the logs are messages like this:

"2015.09.03 19:51:06.160 '200': Signal - position #9393030 sell 0.01 AUDNZD at 1.11175 skipped as no symbol found"

I have all symbols "shown" in market watch so im not sure why the symbol is not found???

Any help would be appreciated 

Could it possibly be because my account is a spread betting account? 

Cheers guys 

do u use same broker with signal provider? even a different single word at last symbol also the system cannot find it..

for example, im using fortfs flex account, there got an 'f' at the end..so i cannot copy the signal from other account where there is no 'f' at the end..

this is just my opinion.. :) 

Muhammad Faiz Jawahir:

do u use same broker with signal provider? even a different single word at last symbol also the system cannot find it..

for example, im using fortfs flex account, there got an 'f' at the end..so i cannot copy the signal from other account where there is no 'f' at the end..

this is just my opinion.. :) 

MT is supposed to only use the first 6 characters, so the f at the end shouldn't matter. I'm following a trader with an f at the end. It works with on broker, but not another. MT is supposed to remove the f though.

weebler76:

MT is supposed to only use the first 6 characters, so the f at the end shouldn't matter. I'm following a trader with an f at the end. It works with on broker, but not another. MT is supposed to remove the f though.

It seems to be hit and miss. Works sometimes, but not always

weebler76:

Such thing needs to be reported to ServiceDesk if you want a solution.

Hi All. Just to add I'm having this problem now still 5 years after the original post so I'm guessing not to bother expecting this to be fixed any time soon. I contacted my broker first to query it but they say that because of regulatory requirements all spread betting accounts have _sb at the end. So as I'm only going to be trading with a spread betting account then I guess changing brokers isn't going to solve anything for me and the only solution is to use a different platform I guess? Or has anyone ever found a workaround to this? All it needs is some sort of alias feature where we can enter the "real" symbol name against each market so wouldn't have thought it would be such a big deal but obviously not a priority. I'll submit it to the service desk as well but looking at the ticket categories it doesn't look like they want things like this submitted that way (ill give it a try in any case).
Reason: