MQL Virtual Hosting vs Full VPS - page 2

I use a VPS that has a remote desktop connection because i also run other things on it simultaneously (Bitcoin etc..)

The price is about the same and it is rock solid.

So it depends a bit on your needs and the ability to set things up. 

Are mql5 site using same servers  for this site, as the ones for VPS?

EA-trader:
Are mql5 site using same servers  for this site, as the ones for VPS?

This is cloud, and MQL5 VPS for MT4/MT5 is coping the MT4/MT5 ... so that is why the users are using sinchronization to sinchronize their Metatrader with their VPS Metatrader to be the same by EAs attached and so on.

Besides, MQL5 VPS was designed on the way that the best/low latency is automatically selected.
Example:

if you (with the broker #1) subscribe to the signal provider (who is using same broker #1), so this VPS will select the server for this cloud which will be very close to this broker's server, and in this case - the orders are coming directly from the broker's server to you (not from "his"/signal_provider's computer to your PC). Directly from the broker's server to your VPS which is located near to be on the same place (by latency).

It is what I understood from the explanation of the MQ (he explained it to Russian part of the forum).

--------------

I like to use the MQL VPS service to test my EAs during a month.

It's very convenient since it's implemented in the platform, it makes possible to check the EA online, correct/edit/improve it, and reupload directly.

Hi everyone! I rent Mql VPS two days ago. I have a problem with this. My EA working fine on local pc but when i completed migrate to VPS i dont see any trade by EA, event all synchonize infomation is ok!!! I dont know what happen is going on. I need help from yours. Thanks

TrongTam Nguyen:
Hi everyone! I rent Mql VPS two days ago. I have a problem with this. My EA working fine on local pc but when i completed migrate to VPS i dont see any trade by EA, event all synchonize infomation is ok!!! I dont know what happen is going on. I need help from yours. Thanks

Your Ea is using dll?
Because dll is prohibited on MQL5 VPS ...

There are some more limitations for example - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mt5 VPS

Slava, 2016.06.28 16:25

It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting

2016.06.28 17:25:02.177 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1347 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

Is 'Allow DLL import' and 'Allow modification of signal setting ' in MQL4 Indicators dangerous?

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.09 06:05

Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service MetaTrader (Forex VPS)

No DLLs are allowed on a Virtual terminal. There is no physical capacity to use DLLs there.

If a program launched on a Virtual terminal tries to call a function from any DLL, this EX4/EX5 program is immediately stopped due to a critical error. Any DLL calls are forbidden.

and some more useful information- 

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.07.18 12:58

You have to make your adjustments locally in your computer's MT4 platform and then synchronize with your VPS again.

MQL5 MT4 integrated VPS doesn't give you real/visual access to the MT4 platform that your EAs are loaded on.

How to update/adjust EAs that are hosted on a VPS?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.07.20 12:21

When you synchronize, you synchronize all EAs together, so yes you have to upload the final settings for all EAs each time you make an adjustment to one of them.

I myself keep all the latest EA settings on the charts of my local MT4 platform (in my computer) and when I make an adjustment, I synchronize again with the VPS for all of them.

and finally - checked everything once again about how you subscribed to VPS (just in case you missed something) - 

missing signal trades

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 09:50

Hello Nashy, below are the steps for implementing MQL5 integrated VPS:

1. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

2. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

3. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

4. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

5. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

6. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

--------------

if all those ideas/suggestions/info does not work for you so write to the service desk.

Sergey Golubev:

and finally - checked everything once again about how you subscribed to VPS (just in case you missed something) - 

--------------

if all those ideas/suggestions/info does not work for you so write to the service desk.

MQL5 VIRTUAL SERVER IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH A LOT OF ROBOTS. AFTER SUBSCRIBING I JUST HAVE TO ABADONE IT FOR ANOTHER 

VPS THAT CAN SERVE THE PURPOSE.

Hi,

I purchased a vps subscription last week and everything was OK. It was set on a demo account.

After the last mt5 update, my demo account was reset (w/o my approval  obviously) and the VPS disappear.

How am I supposed to recover it ?

Thanks

Reason: