MQL Virtual Hosting vs Full VPS

Anyone here have experience and/or opinions with normal VPS vs MQL's Virtual Hosting Service? I would be trading using Signals from the MQL marketplace.

The MQL hosting certainly looks intriguing, with its ease of set-up. My only concern is that it does not act as a virtual desktop, so I can't log into my terminal and check my real time stats. With a normal VPS, I can use Windows Remote Desktop and see all of my MT4 terminals operating in real time, watch them as they trade, check stats, etc.

So which do you prefer and why? Pros and Cons?

Trying to decide which would be a better fit. Any input appreciated.

ozzymandius:

Anyone here have experience and/or opinions with normal VPS vs MQL's Virtual Hosting Service? I would be trading using Signals from the MQL marketplace.

The MQL hosting certainly looks intriguing, with its ease of set-up. My only concern is that it does not act as a virtual desktop, so I can't log into my terminal and check my real time stats. With a normal VPS, I can use Windows Remote Desktop and see all of my MT4 terminals operating in real time, watch them as they trade, check stats, etc.

Hello,

Im going to point out my experience with VPS and MQL5 Hosting:

1) If you're trading more than one account is probably cheaper to use a VPS once you'll have to pay one MQL hosting for each account.

2) The MQL5 hosting is really easy to set up, you only have to put everything you need and then migrate, Done! You can monitor your account from your computer with the autotrade off. You'll be able to see all the operations.

3) Another way of monitoring your account is by creating a signal from your account. Right click above the account number on MT4/5 platform -> Register as signal. You can set real or demo and private ou public. Very good to check performance!

I'm using both right now because I'm running several accounts. But for only one I would definitely go for MQL5 hosting!

Hope that helps!

Cheers! 

Thanks for the feedback Anderson.

3) If I register my live signals as live and private - will I automatically be able to view them on MQL5.com while shielding from public view? Or do I additionally have to subscribe to my own signals and thus have to pay $20 to view?

ozzymandius:

3) If I register my live signals as live and private - will I automatically be able to view them on MQL5.com while shielding from public view? Or do I additionally have to subscribe to my own signals and thus have to pay $20 to view?

Once you register your signal you can check then immediately, if you choose private only you'll able to se it and you don't pay for it.

You're welcome!

How to Become a Signals Provider for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
How to Become a Signals Provider for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Do you want to offer your trading signals and make profit? Register on MQL5.com website as a Seller and specify your trading account to offer your signals to traders.

i heard there are people who have trouble using virtual hosting on mql5, how about yours ? 

ozzymandius:

Anderson Hupp:

Once you register your signal you can check then immediately, if you choose private only you'll able to se it and you don't pay for it.

You're welcome!

While MQL5's Virtual Hosting is one of the cheapest VPS solutions, you really need to test it out first. Some EA, such as mine, would not work properly with this VPS! But at least they let you test it for free for a day, which is something I haven't seen in other VPS providers.

two times in one month, my hosting servers lost connection to the internet due to technical problems from MQL5,

two times, my account couldn't follow my signal any longer,

two times, it took days for MQL5 to respond to my help request, it even took almost 2 weeks to be refunded for their failing service.

Im am posting this now since it is the second time i have to wait for days for an answer from their service desk. And i will keep posting this message everywhere i can until i get a reply

One might ask himself, HOW xxx IS IT POSSIBLE THAT A HOSTING SERVICE DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC DETECTION OF CONNECTION PROBLEMS. the one thing clients pay for here is an internet connection, and they dont give it... seriously fucked up.

this service has no integrity, WATCH OUT, and if you are already using it, please check your journals at least 3 times per day, since this error can create huge losses while following signals.

geldwolf:

two times in one month, my hosting servers lost connection to the internet due to technical problems from MQL5,

two times, my account couldn't follow my signal any longer,

two times, it took days for MQL5 to respond to my help request, it even took almost 2 weeks to be refunded for their failing service.

Im am posting this now since it is the second time i have to wait for days for an answer from their service desk. And i will keep posting this message everywhere i can until i get a reply

One might ask himself, HOW xxx IS IT POSSIBLE THAT A HOSTING SERVICE DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC DETECTION OF CONNECTION PROBLEMS. the one thing clients pay for here is an internet connection, and they dont give it... seriously fucked up.

this service has no integrity, WATCH OUT, and if you are already using it, please check your journals at least 3 times per day, since this error can create huge losses while following signals.

wow... this is good feedback for me as im looking for information on for MQL5 pros and cons.. and the issue is very serious for the trader to loss the trade .. thanks for the input..

Eng How Tan:
wow... this is good feedback for me as im looking for information on for MQL5 pros and cons.. and the issue is very serious for the trader to loss the trade .. thanks for the input..
I am having exact opposite experience from what geklwolf explaining on his post: my external dedicated servers from softlayer incl full VPS for scalping etc (I had 5 dedicated servers + few full VPS) lost the connections few times in a month, but MQL5 VPS was working fine.

Anyway, the experience and expectations may be different from one person to the other one. But if someone is talking about losing the connection for MQL5 VPS for very short time for 2 times in a month so I just remember very expensive dedicated servers from softlayer which were losing connections few times in a month with no one complained ...

may be - geklwalf did not get refund and became so angry ... because this thread is just to compare MQL5 VPS and full external VPS ... and if the person is not comparing ... so - it is useless post in this case.

ozzymandius:

Sergey Golubev:
I am having exact opposite experience from what geklwolf explaining on his post: my external dedicated servers from softlayer incl full VPS for scalping etc (I had 5 dedicated servers + few full VPS) lost the connections few times in a month, but MQL5 VPS was working fine.

Anyway, the experience and expectations may be different from one person to the other one. But if someone is talking about losing the connection for MQL5 VPS for very short time for 2 times in a month so I just remember very expensive dedicated servers from softlayer which were losing connections few times in a month with no one complained ...

may be - geklwalf did not get refund and became so angry ... because this thread is just to compare MQL5 VPS and full external VPS ... and if the person is not comparing ... so - it is useless post in this case.
I have serious reliability issues with the hosting service. Some days it's on some days it's not, don't recommend it. Cheap and easy to set up, but very inconsistent 
Reason: