Custom indicator not showing on chart after update 1491 - page 3

 

I’m so relieved to hear people talking about this. Hopefully it will lead to a solution. The two recent 1490 & 1491 updates have made my MT4 more-or-less unusable. Like others have said, it’s not that the custom indicators don’t work (though maybe some don’t, it’s hard to establish), it’s that they work in a completely random way. For example, if I have two versions of the same indicator on a chart, it will show one and not the other, then if I change time-frames it will show the missing one and not the one that was showing previously, then if you click back to the first-time frame you were on, both might disappear! It’s chaos. Also, if you reload the template, it will give you a different combination of indicators showing or not showing every time!

Additionally if I have a template loaded and click on the MN time-frame it instantly crashes, and even if I close MT4 properly, with some indicators on a chart, it is impossible to re-open it without deleting ‘last profile’ and ‘defaults’ from the Profiles folder.

I’ve never experienced this before. Hope it gets sorted soon.

 

Sergey Golubev, 2026.10.04 17:25 #1

Just a SIMPLE question...

Boeing737, 2026.10.04 11:28

URGENT MESSAGE

Slightly off-topic, but build 1491 (MT4) has started working poorly. It seems to me that OnCalculate() no longer works reliably. That's why indicators sometimes work and sometimes don't.

I had to quickly replace it with OnChartEvent() . Everything started working perfectly. I've been wanting to replace OnCalculate() with OnChartEvent() for a long time.

But tomorrow intraday traders will start having their indicators glitch, and it's unknown how many days they'll have to sit on the fence. And that's a good thing — they'll lose less money.

Have a nice weekend tomorrow.

 
In my opinion, this is a significant defect and a serious oversight by the developers. A failure of this magnitude in a core callback function deserves accountability at the management level.