New metatrader 4 related questions, issues, solutions ... - page 2

Fellow Pippers,

I'm not sure if I'm at the right place here, but could you answer a question for me??? When I use the period converter to change the time frame on mt4. I notice that when I shut the platform down and than re-start it, I have to go through all the steps again to set up my charts. Is there anyway to keep the custom time frames operational, even after you shut it down and re-start it??? Thanks for your help.

Genesisman

Genesisman:
Fellow Pippers,

I'm not sure if I'm at the right place here, but could you answer a question for me??? When I use the period converter to change the time frame on mt4. I notice that when I shut the platform down and than re-start it, I have to go through all the steps again to set up my charts. Is there anyway to keep the custom time frames operational, even after you shut it down and re-start it??? Thanks for your help.

Genesisman

Genesisman

Try using the one from here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183975 . Tested it now and it works OK in cases that you described

Thanks mladen, I'll give it a try.

mladen,

I just wanted to thank you for that indicator, it works perfectly. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Genesisman

hello guys

I work with 30 pairs and some futures indexes .

it's hard which having everything on watching list .

how can I have just 30 pairs on watching list every time , I don't mean that use of hide or show on right click .

I want something like template , which I can have on any metatrader I work with it .

I want to have a personal profile with specific pairs and no more , like personal template with specific indicators , that trader can copy /paste from one meta to another .

thank you

macd&rsi:
hello guys

I work with 30 pairs and some futures indexes .

it's hard which having everything on watching list .

how can I have just 30 pairs on watching list every time , I don't mean that use of hide or show on right click .

I want something like template , which I can have on any metatrader I work with it .

I want to have a personal profile with specific pairs and no more , like personal template with specific indicators , that trader can copy /paste from one meta to another .

thank you

macd&rsi

From what you described, you would need something like radar screen in tradestation, but there is nothing similar to it in metatrader. Some indicator that would monitor chosen symbols could be made, but with 30 symbols I am not sure that metatrader would survive that and not slow down the terminal significantly (especially since multiple indicators values would have to be calculated for each symbol)

Metatrader will never have anything even remotely similar to radar screen. Never

expert and indicator folders in new mt4 platform.

help pls, i cant find my indies

drunkpips:
expert and indicator folders in new mt4 platform. help pls, i cant find my indies

go to : file->open data folder, and you shall see where they have to be copied

in which folder pls

Reason: