Custom indicator not showing on chart after update 1491 - page 5

managed to finally roll it back, i will wait in the older version for a fix

i still have broken indicators, have to keep deleting them and putting them back on the chart. What a mess.

I'm going to try a fresh install of the old version, see if it helps.

Still a mess

we need the 1490 back now, they can fix it on their side

Alain Verleyen #:
STOP flooding the forum. Ban 1 day.
Do you have any news about the Fix, please?

Subject: Critical Regression in MT4 Build 1491 – Moving Average Indicators and EAs No Longer Work Correctly

Dear MetaQuotes Development Team,

Since the latest MetaTrader 4 update, I am experiencing serious problems with Moving Average based indicators and Expert Advisors.

The problems started immediately after the update. I am experiencing the same type of issues that other users are currently reporting after the latest MT4 build update.

My Moving Average based indicators no longer behave correctly, and as a result my Expert Advisors that depend on these indicators also no longer function correctly.

This is a critical regression for me because:

  • My indicators produce incorrect or inconsistent results.

  • My Expert Advisors cannot be used reliably.

  • Trading signals can be affected.

  • Systems that worked correctly before the update no longer work correctly after the update.

  • This makes it impossible for me to safely use my trading robots in live trading.

I strongly request that MetaQuotes investigate this regression immediately.

Please restore/revert the previous working MT4 version/build as soon as possible, or provide an urgent hotfix that restores the previous behavior.

I have spent a significant amount of time developing and testing these indicators and Expert Advisors, and they were functioning correctly before this update. I should not have to rewrite working MQL4 code because of a platform update that has introduced new behavior or regressions.

Please treat this as a critical compatibility issue affecting existing MQL4 indicators and Expert Advisors.

I strongly recommend temporarily rolling back the problematic version until the issue is fully identified and fixed.

I can provide specific indicators, Expert Advisors, test cases, and examples showing the differences between the previous and current MT4 version if required.

Please investigate this urgently and restore the previous stable behavior.

Regards,

Yahuchanan #:

Subject: Critical Regression in MT4 Build 1491 – Moving Average Indicators and EAs No Longer Work Correctly

Dear MetaQuotes Development Team,

Since the latest MetaTrader 4 update, I am experiencing serious problems with Moving Average based indicators and Expert Advisors.

The problems started immediately after the update. I am experiencing the same type of issues that other users are currently reporting after the latest MT4 build update.

My Moving Average based indicators no longer behave correctly, and as a result my Expert Advisors that depend on these indicators also no longer function correctly.

This is a critical regression for me because:

  • My indicators produce incorrect or inconsistent results.

  • My Expert Advisors cannot be used reliably.

  • Trading signals can be affected.

  • Systems that worked correctly before the update no longer work correctly after the update.

  • This makes it impossible for me to safely use my trading robots in live trading.

I strongly request that MetaQuotes investigate this regression immediately.

Please restore/revert the previous working MT4 version/build as soon as possible, or provide an urgent hotfix that restores the previous behavior.

I have spent a significant amount of time developing and testing these indicators and Expert Advisors, and they were functioning correctly before this update. I should not have to rewrite working MQL4 code because of a platform update that has introduced new behavior or regressions.

Please treat this as a critical compatibility issue affecting existing MQL4 indicators and Expert Advisors.

I strongly recommend temporarily rolling back the problematic version until the issue is fully identified and fixed.

I can provide specific indicators, Expert Advisors, test cases, and examples showing the differences between the previous and current MT4 version if required.

Please investigate this urgently and restore the previous stable behavior.

Regards,

i hope they do not behave as such to push us into MT5

would be harsh

aquaregia #:

i hope they do not behave as such to push us into MT5

would be harsh

😅🤦 

I really hope this is not an attempt to push users toward MT5 🤦 That would be harsh indeed.

I have the same issue.

In more than 15 years of using MT4, I have created several hundred custom indicators. Since the latest update, many of them no longer work properly or show strange graphical glitches and disappearing elements.

This is a major issue affecting a large number of custom indicators. Please investigate and fix this as soon as possible.

This is crazy and needs to be fixed ASAP. Come on guys at least give us the previous version until you come up with a fix for God’s sake, we can’t safely work
Thanks, MetaQuotes is working on these issues.