Custom indicator not showing on chart after update 1491 - page 4

It's not just the indicators that are the problem. The scripts sometimes don't work either. They don't even enter the OnStart() function, and the EA also acts erratically at times.
askingz:

Hi, I'm using a custom moving average indicator. After updating to build 1491 Metatrader 4, the indicator goes missing from the chart whenever I start MetaTrader. When I reapply the template, it sometimes shows all the indicators I saved, but other times it only shows one . 

1. All indicators are shown on the chart

2. In the indicator list there are 3 moving average , but the chart only show 1


SAME HERE

all templates messed up with !!

Michael Charles Schefe #:
try saving the chart as a new template. then load that new template. see if your issue persisits with the new template. This was common issue in olden days that occured after almost every update of mt4.

Saving and re-loading new templ wont make it either, even restarting the APP does not make it

we get a different setup in the TEMP each time we restart or reload

gtoz016 #:
Dopo l'aggiornamento alla Build 1491, i miei vecchi indicatori personalizzati hanno smesso di funzionare. !!!!!!!!!Ciao, ho notato che i miei vecchi indicatori personalizzati non funzionano più dopo l'aggiornamento alla Build 1491 di MT4. Esiste un aggiornamento o una soluzione per questo problema?
Buongiorno io ho provato a ricompilarli e sono tornati a funzionare ...ma se mettete 3 indicatori separati nello stesso frame e provate a compilare più volte , a volte se ne vedono 2 a volte 0 a volte 1 ....bug da paura!!Ciaoo

solution to disable autoupdates:

restore older version terminal.exe

remove all permissions from ...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw

Jaume Torne #:

downgrade metatrader 4 to 1470

Step-by-Step Downgrade Guide
  1. 📁 Locate directory: Open your MetaTrader 4 installation folder (usually in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 or your broker's custom folder).
  2. 🔄 Replace binaries: Copy the build 1470 files ( terminal.exe and metaeditor.exe ) into the main directory, replacing the existing newer files.
  3. 🚫 Block auto-updates: Navigate to %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\ .
  4. 🔒 Lock MT4CLW: Delete the MT4CLW folder and create a blank text file named MT4CLW with no file extension to prevent automatic downloading of newer builds.
i have done this and it's working

I'm using multiple indicators in MT4. There are random misses of indicators since build 1491.

Please fix it soon.

Yesterday MT4 was updated after which my MT4 crashed. After that I was not able to get it working again, while it has been working flawlessly for years.

In the end I had to re-install the program because the one I have been using for years would not start at all.It appears the new install is unstable too. For example a simple script to change the time frame of all charts causes the program to close. An indicator that showed envelopes in 3 TF's now only shows up in two complete and partially in one, A simple label disappears and does not come back after compiling the indicator and so on.

I have 6 charts open all with the same template all in the new install. There are indictors working in one chart and not in others. Sometimes I can get them working when I execute a compile of the indicator while that chart is active, but I encounter the same problem on the next chart that was not active.

Also in the new installation I'm missing pairs I had for years like GBPAUD and GBPNZD, they are not in the market info. so I cannot load these charts


Today I started a second install of MT4, because I use multiple screens. This install updated and after that I was unable to start it again just like the one yesterday.

There are no EA's running in either one of the installations

More problems here. 

I can barely load the client at all, I have to try countless times to finally have it to open, and when it does it's insanely slow and unstable and not all the charts load.

I tried rolling it back with the suggestions mentioned and it didn't work, same problems

Add the /skipupdate Shortcut Flag
Optional safeguard
Right-click your MT4 desktop shortcut and select Properties.

In the Target field, add a space and /skipupdate at the very end (e.g., ...\terminal.exe /skipupdate).

Click Apply and OK. (Verification: Launch MT4 using this shortcut; check the Journal tab to confirm it stops attempting to fetch update packages).