Indicators: Keltner Channel

Keltner Channel:

Keltner Channel is volatility-based envelopes set above and below an exponential moving average.  The indicator is named after its author Chester Keltner who first described his system based on the 10-period moving average in his 1960 book "How to make money in Commodities".

The indicator consists of price envelopes or bands that are located above and below the exponential moving average by means of multiplying its value by the value of the Average True Range. The channels are surely quite interesting. Firstly, because they brilliantly join together two indicators: moving average and ATR.

Keltner Channel

Author: Nikolay Kositsin 

Keltner Channel
Keltner Channel
  • www.mql5.com
The indicator consists of price envelopes or bands that are located above and below the exponential moving average by means of multiplying its value by the value of the Average True Range. The channels are surely quite interesting. Firstly, because they brilliantly join together two indicators: moving average and ATR. Calculation method is as...

Keltner Channel

The forum

1. Keltner Channel thread 

The articles

1. Comparative Analysis of 10 Trend Strategies 
  2. A Universal Channel with the Graphical Interface 
  3. Calculating the Hurst exponent

CodeBase

1. Keltner Channel - indicator for MetaTrader 5  
  2. Keltner Channel - indicator for MetaTrader 5 
  3. Keltner Channels Set - indicator for MetaTrader 5 
  4. Keltner Channel Oscillator - indicator for MetaTrader 5
  5. Keltner Channel HTF - indicator for MetaTrader 5 
  6. Fractal_Keltner - indicator for MetaTrader 5 
  7. ColorKeltnerCandles - indicator for MetaTrader 5 
  8. XMA_Keltner_Pivot_HTF - indicator for MetaTrader 5
  9. Keltner Channel - indicator for MetaTrader 5
  10. Keltner Channel - indicator for MetaTrader 4 
  11. Keltner Channel - indicator for MetaTrader 4 
  12. Keltner ATR Bands - indicator for MetaTrader 4 
  13. Keltner Channels - indicator for MetaTrader 4 
  14. Volatility Trader and Breakout EA (X-liquidex) - expert for MetaTrader 4

May B it is Perfect indicator for MT4 > https://www.investoo.com/keltner-channels/ 

Keltner Channels Indicator Explained | Investoo.com - Trading School, Brokers and Offers
Keltner Channels Indicator Explained | Investoo.com - Trading School, Brokers and Offers
  • ucinya
  • www.investoo.com
The Keltner Channels are a set of custom indicators which were introduced by Kester Cheltner in his book “How to Make Money in Commodities”. The original version of the Keltner channels was based on what Chester Keltner labelled the “10-Day Moving Average Trading Rule”. The channels have since been modified to add the 10-day SMA applied to the...

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/399  This Keltner doesn't work. Another indi, using smoothalgorithms.mqh doesnt show up either. Perhaps smoothalgorithms.mqh needs an update. I copied smoothalgorithms.mqh into /Include folder and .mql5 file in /Indicators as well as /Indicators/Examples. I refreshed and restarted, don't work.
Keltner Channel
Keltner Channel
  • www.mql5.com
The indicator consists of price envelopes or bands that are located above and below the exponential moving average by means of multiplying its value by the value of the Average True Range. The channels are surely quite interesting. Firstly, because they brilliantly join together two indicators: moving average and ATR. Calculation method is as...

Greg:
https://www.mql5.com/en/code/399  This Keltner doesn't work. Another indi, using smoothalgorithms.mqh doesnt show up either. Perhaps smoothalgorithms.mqh needs an update. I copied smoothalgorithms.mqh into /Include folder and .mql5 file in /Indicators as well as /Indicators/Examples. I refreshed and restarted, don't work.

Files:

Thanks for sharing this info with us.

I have a  problem to add this indicator to mt5. after adding two files to their specified folders, it has not shown in mt5 indicator lists. So I tried to compile the mq5 file and it gave me 33 errors.

Please reconsider the source code. It seems there must be some problems.

Thanks.

Hello guys, there is a mistake in the code (file .mqh), in order to fix it, following the steps below:

1. Open file SmoothAlgorithms.mqh in MetaEditor
2. Ctrl + F -> Find "Smooth_Method" 
3. Copy enum data type "Smooth_Method" out of class "class CXMA":
Roughly speaking: copy the code (which looks like code below) from inside of "class CXMA" and paste on the line 17 or somewhere outside of "class CXMA"

enum Smooth_Method
   {
      MODE_SMA_,  //SMA
      MODE_EMA_,  //EMA
      MODE_SMMA_, //SMMA
      MODE_LWMA_, //LWMA
      MODE_JJMA,  //JJMA
      MODE_JurX,  //JurX
      MODE_ParMA, //ParMA
      MODE_T3,     //T3
      MODE_VIDYA,  //VIDYA
      MODE_AMA     //AMA
      };
4. Done.

thanks  Nikolay Kositsin  and  leminhtuong721.

It work good now. 

Nikolay Kositsin
Nikolay Kositsin
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile
Reason: