Running include indicators help?

I am trying to use certain indicators that require another file to be added to the  \MQL5\Include\ folder. However I am having issues

For this example, this indicator needs to have  \MQL5\Include\ smoothalgorithms.mqh placed in it.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/434

The steps I did was put the  smoothalgorithms.mqh in the  \MQL5\Include folder.

Then I took the indicator and placed it in MQL5\Indicators folder.

Restarted the mt5 program, however it does not compile

Can someone tell me whats wrong with what I tried?

JMACD
JMACD
  • www.mql5.com
In this MACD histogram the JMA smoothing is used instead of the standard smoothing.

dsadsa322:

I am trying to use certain indicators that require another file to be added to the  \MQL5\Include\ folder. However I am having issues

For this example, this indicator needs to have  \MQL5\Include\ smoothalgorithms.mqh placed in it.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/434

The steps I did was put the  smoothalgorithms.mqh in the  \MQL5\Include folder.

Then I took the indicator and placed it in MQL5\Indicators folder.

Restarted the mt5 program, however it does not compile

Can someone tell me whats wrong with what I tried?

You have to open the Meta Editor and compile it.

Please post in the discussion thread for the codebase publication, and not in the general forum, so that the author can respond to the issue.

Also, do a search in the forum on "smoothalgorithms.mqh" as I remember seeing threads about that file requiring an update.

Indicators: JMACD
Indicators: JMACD
  • www.mql5.com
JMACD: Author: Nikolay Kositsin...

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please post in the discussion thread for the codebase publication, and not in the general forum, so that the author can respond to the issue.

Also, do a search in the forum on "smoothalgorithms.mqh" as I remember seeing threads about that file requiring an update.

Will do,

Thank you, the orginal smoothing had errors, the new one worked now.

Reason: