Windows 11 - page 8

Igor Makanu #:

Microsoft in the news promised a version without TPM for PCs sold in Russia

but no one has seen such version of Vin11 yet.

And it seems to be about new PCs.

ZS: at ali looked modules TPM.... well sort of is, but whether the BIOS supports the necessary API for Vin11.... everything is complicated, and without this module Win11 will work, another matter that promote secure digital services, well, will appear soon media-services, where watching movies on a PC will be possible only in encrypted form ... If there are problems, then we will solve them :)

It's funny, it looks like screenshots will come back soon, but not from cinemas, but from PC monitors :)

Igor Makanu #:

Microsoft in the news promised a version without TPM for PCs sold in Russia

but no one has seen such version of Vin11 yet.

And it seems to be about new PCs.

SZS: at ali looked modules TPM.... well sort of is, but whether the BIOS supports the necessary API for Vin11.... everything is complicated, and without this module Win11 will work, another matter that promote secure digital services, well, will appear soon media-services, where watching movies on a PC will be possible only in encrypted form ... If there will be problems then we will solve them :)

All the more that TPM like not certified in RF and not only this module is not necessary for work (it only stores the chain of keys) but it is even an additional vulnerability because of possibility of TPM sniffing, better just learn by heart passwords...

TPM in the bios seems to be enough for installation (I don't know how it differs from the hardware one), just update your board's bios,

Here's a comment of the updated bios for my board

TUF B450M-PRO GAMING BIOS 3205
Support Windows 11 by default, no settings required in the UEFI BIOS.

I.e. the manufacturer has made sure everything is fine and the only remaining option is to flash the BIOS which is highly recommended for all CPUs and memory modules manufactured in the last 3-4 years

--

install or not,

are the rounded windows not too annoying or not?

SanAlex #:

For some reason I didn't get an update - I was left with

I got an update today, too.

Выпуск  Windows 11 Домашняя для одного языка
Версия  21 H2
Дата установки  ‎11.‎09.‎2021
Сборка ОС       22000.282
Взаимодействие  Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0

Vladimir Karputov #:

Go to the Windows Update Centre (Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update Centre) and click Check for updates

Hi, any advice please. Installed win 11 2 months ago, used mt4 version 1340 quietly. Last 3 weeks i dont open terminals, When i open it it asks for an update, i agree to the UAC warning and thats it, mt4 crashes and will not start again. I have the 134 version, on 14 October version 1350 was released, like my mt4 just try to update to it. Tried 10 terminals, all the same. Now i can't get any of them to work. Maybe you know what the problem may be?

sergey_r753 #:

This is the MQL5 forum. If you are sitting (still) on the old terminal, there is a dedicated section for you in MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - post there.

Just barging in with an authentic review.

Installed W11 on a new laptop, basically the same as usual, just with a new interface and new bugs.

I should note right away that there were no problems with both terminals, except that the colours seem to have become whiter and the scroll bars are now visually too clingy.

As for the performance, I didn't notice any difference, but I'm not supposed to notice it on 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H + 16.0 GB, although I've read somewhere that W11 is slightly slower in some tests than W10.

Further about disadvantages, there are some and mainly related to changes of Windows and micromanagement itself, I'll mention only what I've noticed:

• Can't make taskbar as before in business style, narrow and with program names, now only big icons, and it's depressing... opened several documents? - now you have to scroll through them via a popup submenu... and this can only be fixed by third party software/hacks...
  • Can't drag and drop files to the application icon in the taskbar! - e.g. want to send a file to a chat room? - no way, now you have to place two windows next to each other and this is the only way to drag and drop files...
  • I can't even drag an application icon to the desktop from the start menu! - Microsoft, how could this be?
  • You can't see the seconds in the system clock, no way at all, the seconds have been cut out completely, sounds crazy but it's a fact, only with third party apps...
  • You can't display all the icons in the system tray at once, only enable each icon individually.
  • The rounded windows look very artificial, it's essentially just a skin with an alpha channel... there's no point to it.
  • The icons in the start menu sometimes corrupt for some unknown reason.

UI was reminiscent of Mac or Android, someone will probably like it, I definitely won't, such plush caramel UI doesn't fit well with work environment,even angular primitive W10 looks better...

In the end, the verdict is: there's not much point in upgrading to W11 yet, let them redesign/upgrade it.

transcendreamer the scroll bars are now visually too clingy.

As for the performance, I didn't notice any difference, but I'm not supposed to notice it on 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H + 16.0 GB, although I've read somewhere that W11 is slightly slower in some tests than W10.

Further about disadvantages, there are some and mainly related to changes of Windows and micromanagement itself, I'll mention only what I've noticed:

• Can't make taskbar as before in business style, narrow and with program names, now only big icons, and it's depressing... opened several documents? - now you have to scroll through them via a popup submenu... and this can only be fixed by third party software/hacks...
  • Can't drag and drop files to the application icon in the taskbar! - e.g. want to send a file to a chat room? - no way, now you have to place two windows next to each other and this is the only way to drag and drop files...
  • I can't even drag an application icon to the desktop from the start menu! - Microsoft, how could this be?
  • You can't see the seconds in the system clock, no way at all, the seconds have been cut out completely, sounds crazy but it's a fact, only with third party apps...
  • You can't display all the icons in the system tray at once, only enable each icon individually.
  • The rounded windows look very artificial, it's essentially just a skin with an alpha channel... there's no point in it.
  • The icons in the start menu sometimes corrupt for some unknown reason.

UI was reminiscent of Mac or Android, someone will probably like it, I definitely won't, such plush caramel UI doesn't fit well with the desktop environment,even angular primitive W10 looks better...

Bottom line verdict is: not much point in upgrading to W11 just yet, let them re/develop it.

That said XP and maybe 7 is the top of the line. They should have fixed the bugs in them instead of rubbing them with an iron)
I don't understand where this design is going either

Pavel Verveyko #:

This shows that XP and maybe 7 are the height of perfection. They should have fixed the bugs in them, not rub. iron)
I don't understand where this design is going either .go

I agree, vinda #7 was at least coherent and distinctive, now they are trying to be like Apple/Google... and the main thing is that no one wants these fancy features... good technical design shouldn't draw attention to itself... and it's like MS developers had never seen linux KDE or GNOME at least...

By the way, keep in mind that not everything runs under win11, it has nothing to do with trading, so I won't write.

Pavel Verveyko #:

This shows that XP and maybe 7 are the top of the line. Should have fixed the bugs in them, not rub. iron)
I don't understand where this design is going either.

That's why the last windup I had on my home PC was XP with interface from W2K.

Now it's ten, but not wind, it's Debian with XFCE.

And MT is running in a virtual machine with Ubuntu 18.04.

Reason: