How do you determine compression? - page 8

Aleksey Nikolayev:

They promised an indicator, but it turned out to be a figure.)

Yeah, and a figure made up of 5 fingers!

I was promised a better entry point, but now I won't tell!

)))

Igor Makanu:

Yeah, and a five-fingered figure!

promised a better entry point, now I won't tell!

)))

You guys are weirdos, learn to read

Igor Makanu:

Yeah, and a five-fingered figure!

promised a better entry point, now I won't tell!

)))

The best entry point is the threshold of a stock exchange, investment firm, etc. A briefcase with a business plan in it. In my head a clear answer to the question, "How can I bring more money to these people?"
In the inside pocket of a rather expensive jacket is a sheet with a plan B.

Normal traders understand the essence at once, but I can explain it to the eternal trolls:
1) How do I identify compression?
Using the Fractal indicator. (by the last four).
2) The entry point?
After the last fractal is formed.
3) Take Profit is set by the first fractals.

Vladimir Baskakov:
If you are a normal trader, you will get the idea right away, but if you are an eternal troll, I can explain it to you:

Oh, now you're calling me a troll.

how to explain the problem.... so to speak on my fingers....

but let me try:

1. drawing your business plans on the right side of the chart (or as I call them curves on the chart) is the most useless thing to do

2. the main thing is not important, let it be fractals - I have a customized chart that calculates valotility for all TFs, the main thing is that after the decline of valotility, valotility will go up - and the TF does not really matter - at all TFs it will go up at different times and on different

3. Where will the price go? That's where the problem lies.... If a spike in gross price volatility has occurred on a higher TF, this TF will not see a repeat within the next ten or two dozen bars, but the lower TF will certainly experience spikes in gross price values.... There is an illusion that these are waves, not waves - this is how the market works - a constant news background if the price goes sideways

4. about the picture.... Calculate the approximate number of bars between 4 fractals on H4, it will be a large number of D1 bars - i.e. there is no point in even having an indicator, just look at the D1

5....... not to fall into an illusion or enlightenment - search for KB testing of manual strategies, having a plodding ass, an hour or two can go from illusion to the world of checking and testing ideas (TS)

Igor Makanu:

but let me try:

1. drawing your business plans on the right side of the chart (or as I call them curves on the chart) is the most useless thing to do

2. it does not matter what kind of indicator - may it be fractals, I have a customized chart that calculates valotility for all TFs, the point is not the point - but the point is that after the decline of valotility, valotility will spike - and the TF does not really matter - at all TFs valotility will spike at different time of different TFs

3. Where will the price go? That's where the problem lies.... if a spike in gross price volatility has occurred on a high TF, it will not occur on this TF during the next ten or two dozen bars, but there will certainly be a spike in gross price on a low TF.... There is an illusion that these are waves, not waves - this is how the market works - a constant news background if the price goes sideways

4. about the picture.... Calculate the approximate number of bars between 4 fractals on H4, it will be a large number of D1 bars - i.e. there is no point in even having an indicator, just look at the D1

5....... not to fall into an illusion or enlightenment - search for KB testing of manual strategies, having a plodding ass, an hour or two can go from illusion to the world of checking and testing ideas (TS)

I hope you understood what you wrote, I didn't.

Vladimir Baskakov:
I hope you understood what you wrote, I didn't.

Well, I would suggest testing the TS rather than dreaming that price will follow a drawn plan

Igor Makanu:

but let me try:

2. the main thing is not important, let it be fractals or I have a customized chart that calculates valotility for all TFs, the main thing is that after the decline of valotility, valotility will go up.

3. Where will the price go? That's where the problem lies.... If a spike in gross price volatility has occurred on a higher TF, this TF will not see a repeat within the next ten or two dozen bars, but the lower TF will certainly experience spikes in gross price values.... There is an illusion that these are waves, not waves - this is how the market works - a constant news background if the price goes sideways

5....... not to fall into an illusion or enlightenment - search for KB testing of manual strategies, having a plodding ass, an hour or two to go from illusion to the world of checking and testing ideas (TS)

1. it is not business plans that are drawn on the right side of the chart, but forecasts. They are much more sensible to draw than the curves on the left side (in the story).

2. (your indicator, you should decide how to interpret it).

3. where the price will go. It really doesn't matter where. If quite simple to figure out when it stops actively moving in the same direction. And you have calculated it in p2.

4. by the number of bars between N fractals you can judge only if the process is accidental or not. This is one of the simple tests for uniformity/normality

Maxim Kuznetsov:

1. The right-hand side of the graph does not draw business plans, but forecasts. They are much more sensible to draw than the curves on the left side (in the story).

2. (your indicator, you should decide how to interpret it).

3. where the price will go. It really doesn't matter where. If quite simple to figure out when it stops actively moving in the same direction. And you have calculated it in p2.

4. by the number of bars between N fractals you can judge only if the process is accidental or not. This is one of simple tests for evenness/normality

1. they are more pleasant to draw, but there is no use - open tester, run it to the right for 1/2 or 2/3 of available history, then do the same but to the left of date of start of TS, if the trend is preserved.... well, do you cross your fingers? or whisper hallelujah and ... you solve a new problem - how do you know if the TS will ever stop working?

3. importantly, the price stops moving in the same direction only on history

4. the price series without transformation ( at least detrending ) will not be normal, there is a common opinion that part of OHLC is noise, but imho, it cannot be noise that has been quoted, that at which trades have been made. The other question is that sifting of part of data is required for building TS - it is logical, the market is a set of TS of different participants and the task is to find their TS which will correlate with successful trades ( or actions) of market participants

Reason: