Looking for patterns - page 187

Uladzimir Izerski:

The last stick of the zigzagdoes not help indetermining the trend direction.

It is important to know the combination of the tops and troughs of the z igzag in order todetermine the directionof the trend.

The combinations of zigzag topsand troughs form the patterns by which market character is determined.

I haven't spent a lot of time studying this process for nothing.

This is the TF D1, and the considered scale is weekly. Each knee of the zigzag has its own characteristics. A price portrait ( pattern ) is made of these characteristics based on the principle of AI.

It is possible to look at the price in any range and define the portrait. All characteristics of the bends are exactly observed on the monthly or monthly charts.

I can draw the pattern number without looking at the chart. That's how the zigzag works.

The better is the gif from one-minute charts where we can see how an extremum is formed. In a normal zigzag, the last one found often changes.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Back to trends.

Before trading a trend, it is a good idea to assess whether it is worth it. A zigzag will help.

This is not the right approach to the problem.

How can you determine the trend with a tool which is not suitable for this...?

The Zig-Zag CANNOT detect a trend by its very nature... It detects a "price saw", i.e. price oscillations in a certain range, but not a trend...

With a very great stretch, you can use a Zig-Zag with a VERY large parameter, and then on very large charts - from a week and above...

But this is all just for EVALUATION, for real trading to use the Zig-Zag to determine the trend is NOT RECOMMENDED...

Serqey Nikitin:

The wrong approach to the problem...

How can you identify a trend with a tool that is not suited to it...?

Zig-Zag - CANNOT detect trends by nature... It detects a "price saw", i.e. price oscillations in a certain range, but not a trend...

With a very great stretch, you can use a Zig-Zag with a VERY large parameter, and then on very large charts - from weekly and above...

But this is all just for EVALUATION, for real trading to use the Zig-Zag to determine the trend is NOT RECOMMENDED ...

The ZigZag in this case assesses whether it makes sense to trade a trend, not determines it. As far as I understand the presenter))) I do the same, I look at difference between maximums and minimums at different timeframes and sometimes at 5 minutes the difference is more acceptable (5 times spread) than at one hour, and the speed of price change is faster too. But it's rare.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

ZigZag in this case assesses whether it makes sense to trade on a trend,

Are you even thinking a little bit...?

I'll say it again, ZZ has nothing to do with the trend and therefore cannot assess anything!

Serqey Nikitin:

I'll say it again, ZZ has nothing to do with the trend and therefore can't assess anything!

Hi. You just don't know how to trade it.

And that's where your negative assessments come from. Yes, you can,

even with the standard settings.

And even a trend reversal can be detected)))

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Hi. You just don't know how to trade it.

And that's what's causing your negative evaluation. Yes, you can,

even with the standard settings.

Are you deliberately distorting...?

You can trade any way you want, even on a dime...

But the question of the approach to the trend, so to speak, to THEORY, not the shamanistic methods of trading...

Serqey Nikitin:

Are you deliberately twisting things around...?

You can trade any way you like, even on a coin....

But the question of the approach to the trend, so to speak, to THEORY, not the shamanistic methods of trading...

I didn't even think about it.

I'm serious.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

I wasn't even thinking about twisting it.

I'm dead serious.

I'm dead serious!

Trade as you please! No one will say a word!

Serqey Nikitin:

I will repeat it once again: ZZ has nothing to do with the trend and hence it cannot evaluate anything!

It does not evaluate the trend, it gives the difference between extrema by history. What is the trick? A top is formed only if five bars are below it, and it is certainly not a condition for identifying a trend, we will already miss it. But it is a sufficient estimate for volatility and profit possibilities. If on the minutes the difference is less than the spread, then how can we trade there? And if we have a steady chatter of 10 spreads, then why not take the risk)

Serqey Nikitin:

And I'm dead serious!!!

Trade as you please! No one will say a word!

OK, I'll keep making my tens and even hundreds of % to my account,

and you keep saying it's impossible))))

Reason: