Looking for patterns - page 158

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Yes, there was an update and so were the market entry points.

This is a screenshot from my other account.

What does yes mean ? That there was an update or that the price will go down because there was an update?

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Thank you, Alexander, for the substantive discussion. We can think about how to code it.

I had an idea to calculate the number of price crossings of each round level, with all parameters measured. I think it is possible to check your variants there as well.

Try to do it.

Although I think it is unlikely.

But it may work.)

khorosh:

What does yes mean ? That there was an update or that the price will go down because there was an update?

Yes, yes.))

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Yes, yes.))

Then what, the other, opposite statement is true - if the update hadn't happened, the price should have gone up?

khorosh:

Then what, is the other, opposite statement true - if the update hadn't happened, then the price should have gone up?

Not necessarily.

I can't know the depth of the update, but in any case one has to look for entry points where the price is very close to max or min.

It turns out to catch almost all trend movements.

Imagine you're caught in the trend at the beginning and you're rolling with it.

and you fill up in the course of the movement.

You have defined the final objectives and are looking for reversal points in the opposite direction.

Isn't that great.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Not necessarily.

Is a U-turn always mandatory after an update? Or 90%?

khorosh:

Is it always mandatory after an upgrade? Or 90%?

Look, I'm not some kind of guru.

I can't see 10 steps ahead.

In chess, you can make assumptions about your opponent's next moves,

but here, it's a matter of situation.

I don't have to tell you, you're a chess pro.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Not necessarily.

I can't know the update depth, but in any case you have to look for entry points where the price is very close to max or min.

It works out to catch almost all trend movement.

Imagine you're caught in the trend at the beginning and you're rolling with it.

and you fill up in the course of the movement.

You have defined the final objectives and are looking for reversal points in the opposite direction.

Isn't that great.

I agree - it's great.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

Look, I'm not some kind of guru.

I can't see 10 steps ahead.

In chess, you can make assumptions about your opponent's next moves,

but here, it's a situation-by-situation.

Well, in this example you believe that the price will go down, so you know the statistics, otherwise you would not be so confident in declaring that the price will go down.

khorosh:

Well, in the example in question you believe that price will go down, so you know the statistics, otherwise you wouldn't be so confident in stating that price will go down.

Nah, it's not about statistics and I'm not a panacea in my words.

It's a market and it's high risk.

You're well aware of that too.

Yes, there is a big probability that the price will go down after max update, also on the daily chart we see that a gap was closed (by the way, this is also a pattern that gaps are closed sooner or later)

And here on this probability (regularity) and starts trading but not at random, but with search for entry points.

There is a TS and it should be adhered to. Otherwise it's all a dabble.

And using my TS more than 80% of entry points are profitable.)

Reason: