Using the MT5 on a 4K monitor - page 5

bigluck:
Candlestick is at least three lines wide to draw both white and black (otherwise it wouldn't be candlesticks). 1440 pixels=8 hours on minutes. Chloro opens at 1:00 Moscow time in summer, by the time Chicago opens there are already 15 hours traded. They have to be seen at a time.

The 2 smallest scales in MT draw candles 1 pixel wide (the penultimate one with a gap between candles, the last one without). The colour can be seen as it is.

And for you, some kind of Renko is called for, to compress the information horizontally without losing vertical accuracy.

transcendreamer:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/38456/

There's about the delays at the Openers when using HFT. More specifically, is there a link to writing that "a lot of things need to be changed when adapting an automaton from FORTS futures to CME"?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

...candles 1 pixel wide

1 pixel wide are not candlesticks, but sticks (not even bars) drawn on Hi-Lo. Bars don't give me any information - I need to see tails, I meant candlesticks. I don't use different colours - they introduce an uncontrollable imbalance in "up and down" at the perception level during the decision-making process.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

...some kind of Renko.

Renko is an algorithm. Why put processing between the raw data and the brain? Processing introduces an additional system bias (as if I don't have enough of my own))

I don't get it either... it's 2019... and the software has "goggle fonts" from the 90s... How hard can it be to make fonts that are readable?
In the screenshot:
on the left are healthy fonts...

on the right are metatrader fonts

Files:
vqMV6PQ3EM.png  12 kb

bigluck:

Renko is an algorithm. Why put processing between the raw data and the brain? Processing introduces an additional system bias (as if I don't have enough of my own))

M1 bars are also an aggregation algorithm. So it's a matter of religion of habit.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

M1 bars are also an aggregation algorithm.

M1 candlesticks (bars) are still a price chart, yes ticks are aggregated, because there is only noise in ticks (pushing the buy and sell buttons). And Renko is still an indicator - the price is not there, there is a certain derivative of the price.

Sometimes I lie on the sofa and use the computer through the TV, although the TV is big, but it's a bit far away. There is no problem in the browser, you press ctrl and use the mouse wheel to change the scale. I'm using Mt5 from my couch and I cannot see anything on the price scale. I like the size of the chart but I don't see digits, it's not convenient to work from the couch. If I had the possibility to set the font size in mt5 it would be great! I mean the need really exists.

bigluck:

And Renko is still an indicator - there is no price, just a derivative of the price.

As well as at the M1 bar. But I've already realised that you don't intend to change your ways.

Too bad I couldn't help with the fonts.

post was moved on later date
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Свойства объектов
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы объектов / Свойства объектов
  • www.mql5.com
Все объекты, используемые в техническом анализе, имеют привязку на графиках по координатам цены и времени – трендовая линия, каналы, инструменты Фибоначчи и т.д.  Но есть ряд вспомогательных объектов, предназначенных для улучшения интерфейса, которые имеют привязку к видимой всегда части графика (основное окно графика или подокна индикаторов...

By the way, a question to the developers - what is MT5 written in, not C++ Bilder?
Reason: