I can't believe it! - page 5

Looks like it went under my hands too, deleted as I recall :)

Vinsent_Vega >> :

It looks like Wacken's Expert Advisor. The algorithm there was pretty simple: if the price rolled back by 50% from the previous "bullish" (black) bar on Daily - buy and vice versa... Here are the results:

Only in the beginning of 2008 this "grail" is losing its value...

no, the difference is significant. Originally, this Expert Advisor based on comparison of bars, not on comparison of tick changes of the price within a bar

>> and in the EA in question, one of the basics is a trawl

sllawa3 >> :

no the difference is significant originally this EA works on comparison of bars, not on comparison of tick changes in price within a bar

And one of the basics of this EA is a trawl.

I agree. This EA looks better because it uses trawl.

I just wanted to say that such simple algorithms can be so effective. But you have to be very careful with conclusions about "graality". And Wacken's Expert Advisor is an example of that...

Vinsent_Vega >> :

I agree. That's why this EA looks better, because it uses a trawl.

I just wanted to point out - such simple algorithms, and how effective they can be... But you have to be very careful with conclusions about "graality". And Wacken's EA is an example of that...

When I was writing Wacken's EA I made a mistake. Order on the test was opened at the beginning of 3 months and at the end of it the profit was more than any other EA would have made during that time ... and the drawdown was not greater than that of other EAs

so sometimes simplicity is the basis of genius... but of course you can never trust 100% of a program, even the simplest (let alone the most complex).

sllawa3 >> :

You know... while writing an EA I made a mistake... an order in the test at the beginning of 3 months was opened and at the end of it the profit was more than any EA would have given during that time... and the drawdown was not greater than that of the same EAs

so sometimes simplicity is the base of genius ... but 100% of course program should never be trusted even the simplest ( let alone the more complex ones )

By the way, I think the trend is promising... In the market, there is only one indicator without a lag... price... and the rest are derivatives of it...

Well said 'simplicity is the basis of genius', I agree 100%.

xnko >> :
Well said 'simplicity is the basis of genius', I agree 100%.

the history of scientific discovery and error tells the story

xnko >> :

... And you try entering only at a certain period of time of the bar.

So you do not enter immediately after the signal (bar formed)? And what, if not a secret, are you looking at? >> Thank you

Can you come up with an algorithm for an idea?)

Shniperson >> :
Can you give me an idea algorithm?)

Don't be lazy, read this thread, it's all written.

Reason: