Prop trading - is it a scam or is it good? - page 10

Alexey Kozitsyn:

We need to understand for entry whether we will get in at good prices, which is why we need ms (I believe). Also, it would be good to see the density of the cup in real time (for long range futures).

Will give me a go, I'm going in...

If the percentage on the pair is "settled", those over 7.5, then the entry corridor of 7.6 - 8.2 holds for a very long time.

Added

The thing is, that QEIC is very slow, so I should not open EBS, but two accounts on FORTS and SPOT.

Link the terminals, then you can buy the spread at the best price.

prostotrader:

The two tumblers are running very fast, even on illiquid futures the SPOTs are "flailing" at a tremendous rate

Added

The point of the Div hunter strategy is that we risk-free buy stocks and sell futures.

If we catch a dividend, we get the dividend and the percentage at which we entered.

The market has long been settled and you can't get 10-15% at a Central Bank rate of 7.5% per annum.

Yes, I get the point for the spot futures situation. But, in the screenshot, I am looking at a calendar spread situation. I think you can find more interesting returns on that, but the risks are probably a bit higher (because you can't tell how much the futures basis will spread).

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Yes, I get the point for the spot futures situation. But, in the screenshot, I am looking at the calendar spread situation. I think you can find more interesting returns on that, but the risks are probably a bit higher (because you cannot tell how much of the futures basis will spread out).

The risks are much higher, especially since there is a risk of extraordinary dividends on many instruments.

In this case the hit is guaranteed!

In contrast, the SPOT futures, in which case the profit is guaranteed :)

I too have been "clinging" to MT5 for a long time, but ....

prostotrader:

They will let me go in, I am going in...

If the percentage on the pair is "settled", those over 7.5, then the entry corridor of 7.6 - 8.2 holds for a very long time.

Added

The thing is, that QEIC is very slow, so I should not open EBS, but two accounts on FORTS and SPOT.

Link terminals, then you can buy the spread at the best price.

It's just why I started looking at the calendar spread first: you don't need a quote for it. For mql5 I can make full automation of this strategy, but I can do 0 (for now) with Quicksilver. So calendar spread is in priority for now, and spot futures for catching divs - a little later (for now only research).

Alexey Kozitsyn:

I just started considering the calendar spread first: I don't need a quickie for it. In mql5 I can do full automation of this strategy, but I can do 0 with Quicksilver (for now). So the calendar one is in priority, and the spot futures for catching the divs - a little later (only the research so far).

The calendar is much more difficult, believe me...

prostotrader:

The risks are much higher, especially as there is a risk of extraordinary dividends on many instruments.

In this case the hit is guaranteed!

In the case of RTS and BR (the long-range futures stacks are quite full), as far as I understand it, dividends will not affect the divergence.

prostotrader:

It's a lot harder with a calendar, take our word for it...

It's just not going to be anywhere at all here.

The thing is that QiQ is very slow, so you need to open not EBS, but two accounts on FORTS and SPOT

Link terminals, then you can buy the spread at the best price.

Do you mean calendar? Or spot futures?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

It's just not going to be anywhere at all.

You mean calendar? Or spot futures?

Spot futures

Alexey Kozitsyn:

In the case of RTS and BR (the long-distance futures stacks are quite full), as far as I understand it, the dividend will not affect the divergence.

The point is that on RTS and BR there is a tendency for the spread to "fly away" (up or down)

By rasping the "entry trousers", with these trends, you simply won't be able to enter positions, and by narrowing the "trousers",

the probability of getting into a position increases proportionally to the narrowing :(

prostotrader:

spot futures

Well, if not EBS, then full CS on futures and worse returns... You said yourself that EBS is needed, didn't you?

Reason: