Prop trading - is it a scam or is it good?

A lot of people have heard about proprietary Forex trading, but here I came across an advertisement for proprietary trading on Forts, which made me generally interested after I got acquainted with the terms and conditions.

In brief, you risk your own money, but you share the profit with a proprietary firm that gives you money for CS.

You pay a commission every day, the amount depends on the profit you make and your trading style (Intraday or Intravik).

There are strict requirements for money management, in terms of drawdown/loss per day - 50% of your funds.

If i've got sluggishly running EAs/trading ideas that seldom have signal but i don't want to freeze my funds for them, my stops are short enough and i think, why not use such service, besides i get EA with ratio 3 (if closing inside week) and 20 (if trading intraday, i should close before each clearing).

Trading is done via Quick, but I think I can still manage it via MT5.

Or is there a catch in these companies?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

A lot of people have heard about proprietary Forex trading, but here I came across an advertisement for proprietary trading on Forts, which made me generally interested after I got acquainted with the terms and conditions.

In brief, you risk your own money, but you share the profit with a proprietary firm that gives you money for CS.

You pay a commission every day, the amount depends on the profit you make and your trading style (Intraday or Intravik).

There are strict requirements for money management, in terms of drawdown/loss per day - 50% of your funds.

If i've got sluggishly running EAs/trading ideas that seldom have signal but i don't want to freeze my funds for them, my stops are short enough and i think, why not use such service, besides i get EA with ratio 3 (if closing inside week) and 20 (if trading intraday, i should close before each clearing).

Or is there some kind of catch with these companies?

I would just get rid of trading ideas for which I do not want to freeze funds.

It's crazy.

Don't you have 5-10 thousand pennies to spare? If you don't, you better not start. And if you do, don't give a shit about the prop or whatever.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It's crazy.

Don't you have 5-10 thousand pennies to spare? If you don't, you better not start. And if you do, don't give a shit about the prop.

Good...

Алексей Тарабанов:

I would just get rid of trading ideas that I don't want to freeze funds for.

Signals are rare but profitable, but may be missing for a couple of months. It is not rational to get rid of profitable signals.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It's crazy.

Don't you have 5-10 thousand rubles to spare? If not, it's better not to start. And if you do, you don't need that prop.

What's the point of wasting a lot of time for the sake of a GO of 5-10 thousand? And here's putting in say 20k and getting 400 GOs for them, that's interesting.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Signals are rare but profitable, but may be absent for a couple of months. It is not rational to get rid of profitable signals.

What is the point of wasting a lot of time for the sake of CS of 5-10 thousand? But to put, say, 20k and get 400 CS on them, this is interesting.

What's the office? Suspiciously high allowable drawdown.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Or there is a catch in these companies?

No one gives money for nothing. Everything is done to take money from you, and you too.

Dmitriy Skub:
What kind of a brokerage house is it? Suspiciously high drawdown tolerance.

The drawdown on their own funds, the office itself is not at risk at all, except for unforeseen circumstances when, say, server problems arise.

And BorzyyTrade https://borsatrade.ru :) It is neither a broker nor a DC, so I don't seem to be breaking any rules...

Evgeniy Zhdan:

Nobody gives you money for nothing. Everything is done to take it from you, and you too.

It is clear that not for nothing, they take a percentage of profits. The calculation is done daily, at the end of the day (I think it is at the end of the day - I have not yet understood from the conditions).

Dmitriy Skub:
What company is this? The drawdown tolerance is suspiciously high.

Considering that they give a leverage of up to 20 on a trader's deposit, that's fine.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Trading is done through Quick, but I think we can still manage it through MT5.

If you can do it through MT5, please post in this thread.

TheXpert:

If you can do it through MT5, post it in this thread.

Well, I obviously won't do it myself, but I'll offer the job as a freelancer now.

Reason: