TakeMySpred - any spread, even negative !!! - page 3

afx000 >> :

Strange to hear such a thing on a programmer forum.

It is strange that you have not defined the file format yourself.

Which is not compressed or encrypted. Maybe you don't really need it. (rhetorical question)

MikeZTN >> :

+5

Thank you very much, now I can test the Expert Advisors with different spreads! If only I could set stop-limits (and freeze-level) as well!

That's what you need!

see attachment in 1st post on page 2

see attachment in 1st post on page 2<br / translate="no">

Archive cannot be opened. Please re-download it.

Does not work on freshly installed XP. It wants MSSTDFMT.DLL.

vicondi >> :

The archive cannot be opened. Can you please re-download it?

Files:

wise >> :
It doesn't work on freshly installed XP. It wants MSSTDFMT.DLL.

MSSTDFMT.DLL - Standard Data Formating Object Library

I thought that's the default.

Copy it here ---> C:\WINDOWS\system32\

You may need to log in to the system:

Start / Run, then write regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and hit OK.

If you need anything else, I'll make an installer. Only size will be measured in megabytes.

But actually it shouldn't, I haven't used any exotic controls =)

Files:
msstdfmt.rar  49 kb

MaStak >> :

Greetings

You probably already know about spread swapping in symbols.sel.

I just decided to make the process easier, I'm sick of manually editing in the hex editor.

For those who haven't done this before.

You can only change the spread before starting the terminal.

There should be no connection to the broker. Either disconnect Internet or set non-existent proxy in terminal (for example: 127.0.0.1:80) check "Allow proxy" and close the terminal.

Then start this program and show path to Symbols.sel file (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari\history\Alpari-Micro2\). Find the necessary symbol in the list, type the required spread into the text box and click "Write". You can find out what has been written there if you press "Read". That is all, we do not need the program and close it. When closing it will create ini file at the same time and next time path to folder should not be specified. The spread is set in the standard points, ie if the tool has 5 signs item is considered the 4th, if 3 - the 2nd. That's all.

Useful service, thanks.

Could you post short description with link to this branch in Useful programs branch?

For ethical reasons I can not do it myself - the author would be more correct. However, if you don't mind, I could use the above-quoted post as a description and link to this thread.

I don't want to promote it myself. The usefulness of the software is already questionable, and the acceptance of it is somehow ambiguous.

If you think it is necessary, post it in your topic, I would be very grateful.

the metavotes are in shock ... they're already making a patch ))

MaStak >>:

Сам пиарить не хочу. Полезность проги уже под вопросом, да и приняли как-то не однозначно.

Если считаете нужным, выложите в свой топик, буду очень благодарен.

I haven't downloaded it. But it should be very useful for testing pips strategies.

If the spread is 4 pips and the Expert Advisor makes profit, it should be tested with 7-8 pips spread.

Then you can be sure that slippage and requotes will not affect it.

MaStak писал(а) >>

... The usefulness of the software is already in question, and the reception is somehow ambiguous...

I join MikeZTN in asking you to make another Stop Level entry, please. apropos.

Reason: