Dr.Fx corner - page 10

USDJPY buy

EURJPY to sell

USDCAD buy

EURCHF to sell

USDCHF buy

AUDJPY to sell

with these filter settings, there's not much need for smoothed curves on the right... I have opened 8 trades, waiting for the result.

I will not be able to follow the market or write on the website during the day. Closing all the trades.

I can see that the approach is working. +60, +70, +40, +20 pips is good and correct. For USDCAD minus 20 pips is a slight fluctuation, and then: I bought at 1.2135, while it was going up to 1.2162, then some declines are common, I should have closed it last night in the plus. But all in all I closed in some minus, a bit more than the initial spread. Due to a disastrous minus of 200 pips on GBPUSD. Well, it happens. The pair is like that. The Bank of England sometimes jerks the GBP unpredictably, not letting it go down, and lifting it up. This unpredictable non-market, jerking momentum is clearly visible in the picture.

Actually, this is why it appeared, because GBPUSD itself was moving downwards, as it was forecasted and had to act. You can see that everything is flat on EURUSD, i.e. the reason is in the pound.

Following the filter in real time would have resulted in closing sales and opening purchases from the 1.54 level, which would have allowed a profit from the move up by 100 pips (to almost 1.55) to compensate for the resulting loss from the move up by 150 pips (to 1.54). However, I was asleep.

How about an indicator to go back in time for a couple of weeks? (That's what the tester is for!)

How's business, how's trade?

Younga:
maybe an indicator to make an excursion into the history for a couple of weeks? (There is a tester for that!)

The picture with the same filter settings for 10 days (288*10 bars M5):

Reason: