A strategy with which to get into shorts. Usually before the cut-off, on stocks that can be shorted, JUNE JULY Harvest - page 10

Alexey Kozitsyn:

I.e. have I counted the bail funds correctly? 28844?

Not really. If the stock goes up, you need a margin on the CS of the futures. Your losses on the futures will be deducted on a daily basis.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Not really. If the stock rises, you need a margin on the CS of the futures.

I.e. if the stock rises very strongly, can Uncle Kolya make the call? Even on EBS? Shouldn't the stock compensate on EBS?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

I.e. with a very strong rise in the stock, can Uncle Kolya make the call? Even on EBS? Shouldn't the shares in EBS be compensated?

I don't know about EBS, I have different sub-accounts. But someone wrote that under EBS it would be borrowed funds on which you pay interest to the broker. In the end, all your winnings will go to pay off the interest on the loan).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I don't know about the EBS, I have different sub-accounts. But someone wrote that under EBS it would be borrowed funds on which you pay interest to the broker. In the end, all your winnings will go to pay off the interest on the loan).

It's unlikely whoever wrote this was doing it right. After all, the loss on the futures will have to be compensated by the gain on the shares. Accordingly, you should not lose money if you don't trade on borrowed money from the beginning.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

2. this is a rough calculation in my mind. So I'm waiting and watching, if it's 5p, we should definitely take it. In any case, we should look for a good entry.

Another question. For example, if we have 4.28p, what is the probability to see 4.5p. today? Or the same 5p? Is such a big change possible in one day?

Alexey Kozitsyn:

It is unlikely that whoever wrote this was doing it right. After all, the loss on the futures would have to be offset by the gain on the shares. Accordingly, the funds should not go into deficit, if you do not initially trade on borrowed funds.

It seems to me that I have written correctly. The broker gives you the real money as if the stock is pledged. In fact, there's nothing unusual and nothing else to expect. Real money means real interest.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Another question. If, for example, the contango is now 4.28p, what is the probability of, say, seeing 4.5p today? Or the same 5p? Is such a big change possible in one day?

It is possible. This morning it was already about 5p.

But, on the other hand, what is the rush? It won't, so there will be something in another asset.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I think I wrote it correctly. The broker gives you real money as if it were a pledge against the shares. In fact, it's nothing unusual, and you wouldn't expect anything else. Real money means real interest.

Are we talking about funds or balance? The funds must not go into deficit. The balance may. I think you have to check with your broker.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It is possible. This morning it was already about 5 p.

But, on the other hand, what is the rush? If there is no rush, it means there will be something in another asset.

Not about the rush, but about the frequency of opportunities.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

And another question. So, if there are dividends at the time of the hedge, all is well and good? And it won't affect the contango (because we fixed it when we bought the stock)?

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It's possible. This morning it was already about 5 p.

But, on the other hand, what's the rush? There won't be, so there will be something in another asset.

By the way, about the rush. Openchat introduced in May a fee of 175p for providing information on the depository (in case there was any movement on it during the month). So, not to trade every month equals not to pay every month commission (and 175r on 428r profit for 3 months is a substantial fee) - sometimes haste will be needed.

Reason: