Custom symbols. Errors, bugs, questions, suggestions. - page 6

Sergey Chalyshev:

Are youfxsaber's lawyer? I don't think he needs a lawyer and can answer for himself.

Well, you're talking about him in the third person. So you're not suggesting he can answer for himself.

Sergey Chalyshev:

I'm telling you, I don't have the time in my life to go through other people's libraries.

I read the help and do what I need.

fxsaber is an amazing man, I am amazed at his efficiency.

It would be nice if it tapped into the problem of custom symbols, but wouldn't mask MQL problems with its libraries.

If you don't have time to read it, i don't want to, because i don't own mt5, but i have tried to use@fxsaber library, here's the script, it generates ticks for custom symbol, i don't see any problems, it works like clockwork, it generates ticks once per second

#property strict
#property script_show_inputs

input string name="TestCastom";

#include <fxsaber\ThirdPartyTicks\CustomSymbol.mqh> // https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/20225

CUSTOMSYMBOL CustomSymb(name); 
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
  {
   MqlTick Tick[1];
   if(CustomSymb.IsCustom() && CustomSymb.On())
      ChartOpen(CustomSymb.Name,PERIOD_M1); // Открыли график
      while(!IsStopped())
      {
         SymbolInfoTick(_Symbol,Tick[0]);
         Tick[0].time = TimeCurrent();
         CustomTicksAdd(CustomSymb.Name,Tick);
         Sleep(1000);
      }
  }

Igor Makanu:

I don't want to, because I'm not fluent in MT5, but under MT5 I tried to make you an example of@fxsaber library, here's the script, it writes ticks on the custom symbol, no problems, works like clockwork, writes 1 tick per second

Do you think this is normal?

horror

Does it work without this line?

ChartOpen(CustomSymb.Name,PERIOD_CURRENT); // Открыли график

From your example description https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/20225 ;

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

• Only regular features of MQL5 are used : no DLL, suitable for Market;
  • Quotes archive is saved on local machine as ZIP-archives with CSV-files;

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can do it too, even better.

I do not know why I need MQL and its custom symbols. I want the declared functions to work without crutches.

ThirdPartyTicks
ThirdPartyTicks
  • www.mql5.com
Исторически сложилось, что для MetaTrader 4 пользуются популярностью сторонние приложения, позволяющие получать тиковую историю из различных источников. Как правило, ее используют в Тестере Стратегий как полигон для проверки советников, а также для исследований (машинное обучение и т.д.). Некоторые источники котировок в обсуждениях стали почти...

Sergey Chalyshev:

I can do that too, even better.

I don't know why I need MQL and its custom symbols. I want the declared functions to work without crutches.

I dare not disturb you, I thought you need to solve the problem, but it turns out there is another rally without me, the developers are on the line.

Sergey Chalyshev:

Do you think it's okay?

Does it work without this line?

Checked it - it works, but it does not work after rebooting the terminal if you do not delete the custom history, there will be a black screen - there's a bug with the custom characters, somewhere the terminal does not want to calculate all the TF, it already was in some build - now returned again

but if you delete the history and run "from scratch" - everything is OK

Igor Makanu:

But if you delete the history and start from scratch, all is OK.

You're a terrible optimist ))

There's a problem, but it's OK )

Sergey Chalyshev:

You're a terrible optimist ))

There's a problem, but it's OK )

Thanks!

At work everyone calls me the opposite pessimist )) - my custom symbol is created when I start the Expert Advisor, it deletes the old history before launching, the formation time of one chart is from 3 to 5 seconds (10 years of history) , for my current tasks is nothing at all

2019.03.21 22:17:10.263 Symbol_1.00 (EURUSD,H1) EURUSD, PERIOD_M1: history synchronized within 0.2 sec

2019.03.21 22:17:14.196 Symbol_1.00 (EURUSD,H1) MEURUSD, PERIOD_MN1: create within 3.9 sec

2019.03.21 22:17:17.829 Symbol_1.00 (EURUSD,H1) WEURUSD, PERIOD_W1: create within 3.6 sec

2019.03.21 22:17:22.951 Symbol_1.00 (EURUSD,H1) DEURUSD, PERIOD_D1: create within 5.0 sec

2019.03.21 22:17:29.892 Symbol_1.00 (EURUSD,H1) HEURUSD, PERIOD_H1: create within 6.9 sec

If there are any specific observations of MT5 malfunction, write to us, the developers seem to have joined the discussion

Igor Makanu:

Thank you!

At work everyone calls me a pessimist on the contrary )) - my custom symbol is created when the Expert Advisor starts, before starting it deletes the old history, the formation time of one chart is from 3 to 5 seconds, for my current tasks is nothing at all

If you have specific observations of MT5 incorrect operation, write to me, the developers seemed to join the discussion

I don't have any specific suggestions when dealing with mt5, it's much easier for you, you have one symbol and you probably have history to download.

I need 1000 tools and I don't have history, only current bid, ask, last.

I have read several topics on custom symbols and examined them all, but I've got only problems that cannot be solved. I have not managed to fix them, so I have written here.

Sergey Chalyshev:

I need 1000 instruments and no history, only current bid, ask, last.

If it works for one instrument, it will work for another quantity as well.

Custom symbols are not without bugs, they work fine for me.

fxsaber:

If it works for one tool, it will work for another.

Custom characters are not without bugs, they work fine for me.

1 to 2 characters works.

More than that doesn't work, it's got these weird glitches.

ticks are written but empty Bid,

Ask, no:

added a symbol to the market overview the ticks went normal:

but the bars still don't appear:

Reason: