What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 43

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Articles, but it would be good to have a description and examples in the help - in the same style as the built-in functions, so that they are always at your fingertips.

I agree. And why not ask a question with a suggestion to do it? Well... about the mountain and Mohammed... Maybe we can monetise this good deed?

xxz:

I know there are...
but why were they discarded at the time?
They thought it was the right thing to create an array, copy it, pull out what you need and check if everything was correct...
So why should I see it, IXXXX, do whatever you want behind the scenes - create, fill, copy, check, and give me the final result, it's a mundane function, why burden the end user with it?

Laziness is the engine of progress! But the developers apparently don't know that!

That's funny. When you receive data via iXXX in 4, you also have to check what you have received. And there is no difference. But everybody, or almost everybody, who doesn't think about the quality of their own codes, don't check anything, and the data is immediately sent to processing.

Your laziness reaches, sorry, to the point of absurdity. And to poor quality and bugs in your programs.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

No, you can't do that, it will reduce performance.

Well... It makes sense to update the environment before getting one. And what will get Bid, Ask without an environment update? Only the Bid and Ask from the last update. Useful in some cases, but... And this update could be anywhere in the program and not necessarily at the moment of requesting Bid and Ask. Is there any practical sense yet? I don't see it yet. For such a case, we should have BidPrevious() and AskPrevious(), and get Bid and Ask with a forced update. Or I don't see somewhere else where Bid and Ask are used?

multiplicator:
have you checked?

On the contrary, it is much faster to get just the day of the week than it is to get the whole data structure.

Have you checked? Or are you making empty claims again? Check it. Waiting for the result.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Because they are heavier, which slows down the terminal, and therefore the entire system.

Then of course they added them, but for "pro-gamers" like you

you amaze me!!! so who says it's my fault that they're heavy?)))

I'm telling you if they think they need to do it that way, so be it! Behind the scenes, to get 5 elements they can create a 6-element array where they will copy and check everything you need and output exactly as they make you write it, instead of pulling annual arrays... what's the problem?

I've been wondering for a long time, what is the reason for not doing things like this?
#define Bid SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_BID)
#define Ask SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol, SYMBOL_ASK)

And why doesn't anyone do such as things?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Libraries: MT4Orders

fxsaber, 2019.01.13 17:23

Kim's functions under MT4 are quite popular, so I downloaded all the sources from his site and wrote a simple "converter" for them under MT5.
#include <KimIVToMT5.mqh> // https://c.mql5.com/3/263/KimIVToMT5.mqh

#include "e-Trailing.mq4" // http://www.kimiv.ru/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=13&func=fileinfo&id=14

void OnTick() { start(); }

Not in the sense of using someone else's library. Just to write your own implementation of a fast and productive MT5 transition when all you need to know is 90% MT4 and 10% MT5. Why not do it once for yourself and stop depending on the SB trading environment?

Let me clarify that I'm not talking about a cross-platform library, using which you can write the same code for both platforms. But a kind of converter, where a huge archive of MT4 developments (like kim functions) works in MT5 without changing.

Artyom Trishkin:

Have you checked? Or are they just empty statements again? Check it out. Waiting for the result.

It's a statement from him. Have him check it out.

Artyom Trishkin:

Well... It makes sense to update the environment before receiving it. What will it do to get Bid, Ask without an environment update? Only the Bid and Ask from the last update. Useful in some cases, but... And this update could be anywhere in the program and not necessarily at the moment of requesting Bid and Ask. Is there any practical sense yet? I don't see it yet. For such a case, we should have BidPrevious() and AskPrevious(), and get Bid and Ask with a forced update. Or maybe I am missing something else where Bid and Ask are used?

SymbolInfoDouble(...,MODE_BID) - does not require updating. It is used in various places - anywhere, calculation of order levels, stoploss, takeprofit, trailing.

Artyom Trishkin:

Have you checked? Or are you making empty claims again? Check it out. Waiting for the result.

Do you doubt that it will take less time to get eight elements than to get one?

xxz:

Do you doubt that it will take less time to get 8 items than to get one?

And how fast and where to get it from is up to the developer...

I don't want to know...

Reason: