From theory to practice - page 964

Alexander_K:

To Comrade Che, poet and fiery revolutionary, this is dedicated...

Stops, as values of permissible drawdown, should not exist at all.

This role should be played by physical quantities (velocity, entropy) that have exceeded the permissible level in the process being analysed.

1 error - "physical quantities" do not exist on the market.

2 error - "permissible level" this does not exist either.

The law of relativity works in the market: the market has to be evaluated relative to the market itself.

There are no optimum parameters that work over a long period of time.

Martin Cheguevara:

1 error - "physical quantities" do not exist on the market.

2 error - "tolerance level" does not exist either.

The law of relativity works in the market: the market must be evaluated relative to the market itself.

There are no optimum parameters that work over a long period of time.

See the question above on the subject.

Theoretical arguments are of no use to us - it is only to the detriment of the cause, as Asaulenko demonstrates.

Alexander_K:

Buddy, can you graphically show at least one of your losing trades with a commentary? To make it clearer what you want to achieve.

I'm not talking about losing trades. I'm not talking about losing trades.

Even with over 90% of profitable trades you have to average or turn on a martin or whatever it is when you're in the red. I don't know a more effective method yet.

You have to limit the risks somehow, so that the percentage of profitable trades remains at least at 80%.

Alexander_K:

See the question above on the subject.

Theoretical arguments are useless - they only harm the cause, as Asaulenko demonstrates.

No arguments, let's be practical - do you have a way to limit losses in order to make a profit?

If you want it to affect your profit, then you need a trall, and then you may create a profit. If you want, I will send it to you as a completely ready module, according to "copy and use" principle, after I have finished everything.

Martin Cheguevara:

No argument here - do you have a way of limiting your losses in order to make a profit?

I don't have a stop loss.

I have a ban on entering a potentially losing trade (by exceeding the kurtosis threshold). That is, on the contrary, I'm afraid of non-random trend movements. And I always take my 70% of profitable trades on a return to the average.

Alexander_K:

There are no stops.

I have a ban on entering a potentially losing trade (by exceeding the kurtosis threshold). In other words, I, on the contrary, am afraid of non-random trend movements. And I always get my 70% of profitable trades on reversion to the average.

And how do you determine the potentially losing trade?

how is the potential measured?

When I see a signal, it works right but what to do with loss-making orders I cannot solve except to set a grid...

If I use a real trade, I just open a parallel trade on a mirror instrument.

i am trying to do my own deal with each currency

Alexander_K:

There are no stops.

I have a ban on entering a potentially losing trade (by exceeding the kurtosis threshold). In other words, I, on the contrary, am afraid of trending non-random movements. And I always take my 70% of profitable trades on reversion to the average.

You calculate the kurtosis for a certain calculation period, right?

Martin Cheguevara:

You calculate the excess over a certain calculation period, right?

Yes. Our strategies are different, but the issue of exiting a trade is a conceptual one, of course.

I try not to enter unprofitable trades like on the chart (marked with circles):

For me, these trends are like death, and if I enter into such a trade - hell no, no stops will save me. These powerful trend impulses will sweep away everything...

So, for me, the most important thing is to enter the trade correctly, with a lot of restrictions.

Alexander_K:

Yes. Our strategies are different, but the issue of exiting a trade is a conceptual one, of course.

I try not to enter unprofitable trades like those on the chart (marked with circles):

For me, these trends are like death, and if I enter in such a deal - hell no, no stops will save me. These powerful trend impulses will sweep away everything...

So, for me, the most important thing is to enter a trade with a lot of restrictions.

These are the kind of people I go into I'm in one of these.

And I don't. You can see that the price is rising disproportionately to the potential of the move.

it is clear that the strength of the movement has completely extinguished.

Alexander_K:

I try not to enter unprofitable trades like those on the chart (marked with circles):

For me, these trends are like death, and if I enter in such a deal - hell no, no stops will save me. These powerful trend impulses will sweep away everything...

So, for me, the most important thing is a correct entry into the trade with a lot of restrictions.

Well, it didn't go in your direction,

You understand that sometimes price is unpredictable even with our kind of analysis and entry

and then what do you do?

Reason: