From theory to practice - page 747

Alexander_K2:

I don't think anyone has explained yet - why is it like that? It's always the same on all pairs: peaked, thick-tailed. This is the first time Max Kuznetsov has asked this question here.

It is the most conceptual question, the answer to which is the Grail. IMHO.

What is there to explain?

Let's say a banana costs 5 rubles. The price went down by 10 kopecks at first and then went up by 20 kopecks.

Integral:

5-0.10+0.20 = 5.1

What is so cool?

If the price had jumped by a ruble at once, you would have had a ruble-high tail in the same distribution, because it doesn't happen often.

But the same integral is quite capable of confusing:

5+0.2-0.1 = 5.1

as it is a completely different path to the same price in the same increments

Conclusion: it is strictly forbidden to use an incremental distribution, because it reduces in the end to a single vector following from an already known initial price to an also known final price and actually loses any meaning in the study;)

Alexander_K2:

Don't worry, didusa - I don't want anything from you. I'm pretty sure you've got the crap, not the Grail.

You're wrong. I don't do grails.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Wrong. I don't do grails at all.)

I mean, contrary to your opinion, that the forum should only talk, and all the developments and signals to keep secret - Bas, sometimes, apparently hungover, says interesting things. That make you think, look - the topic and lives thanks to people like him or Wizard, for example.

There is no Koldun in branch "MO" and that's it, taps. No interest.

Get people like Bass out of here, and we'll just talk about the taste of beer or vodka.

Who needs it?! This is a site for the open search for the Grail and nothing else.

Alexander_K2:

I mean, contrary to your opinion that the forum should only talk and keep all the developments and signals secret, Bas sometimes, obviously with a hangover, says interesting things. That make you think, look - the topic and lives thanks to people like him or Wizard, for example.

There is no Wizard in branch "MO" and that's it, taps. No interest.

Get people like Bass out of here, and we'll just talk about the taste of beer or vodka.

Who needs it?! This is a site for an open grail search and nothing else.

They're looking, but they haven't found it.

In fact, the fun part is the search.

So finding is not desirable, because creativity will clearly be lacking

Alexander_K2:

I mean, contrary to your opinion that all you need to do on the forum is talk and keep all developments and signals secret - Bas sometimes, obviously with a hangover, says interesting things. That make you think, look - the topic and lives thanks to people like him or Coldn, for example.

There is no Koldun in the MoD thread and that's it, taps. It's no fun.

Take away people like Bass and we'll just talk about the taste of beer or vodka.

Who needs it?! This is a site for the open search for the Grail and nothing else.

So far the main bazaar is from A_K2. It's been a year now, and nothing on the point.

As for the distributions - it's all been repeated long before you).

Renat Akhtyamov:

What's there to explain?

Let's say a banana costs 5p. The price first dropped by 10 kopecks and then went up by 20 kopecks.

Integral:

5-0.10+0.20 = 5.1

What is so cool?

If the price had jumped by a ruble at once, you'd have had a ruble-high tail in the same distribution, because that doesn't happen very often.

But the same integral is quite capable of confusing:

5+0.2-0.1 = 5.1

because it is a completely different path to the same price with the same increments

Conclusion: It is strictly forbidden to use distribution of increments, because it finally comes to a single vector following from the known initial price to the also known final one and actually loses any sense in research;)

Yes, it's probably easier on bananas :-)

In the first case the trader sees the "excitement", he is volatile and will sell bananas at 5.1, in the second case he sees a trend and may buy on correction. The integrals are the same, the increments are the same, but the actions are different :-)

Renat Akhtyamov:

They're looking, but they haven't found it.

In fact, the fun part is looking.

Therefore it is not desirable to find, for creativity will be obviously lacking

You don't have to look for anything in particular on the market. Everything is almost obvious when you think about it.

Any more or less adequate system will work quite well for a reasonable time. Even on notorious MAs.

It only remains to solve the question of system adequacy.) And this theor. ver. and. mat. statistics,. and. enough general provisions.

Upstairs we ask, but not for sure.

Someday in the nearest future someone will realize that searching for velocity characteristics or characteristics of price probability distribution makes no sense, because you can't adequately measure the speed of an object - price, or someone may decide to look for constants like Envelopes principle, variable values of price movements ....iii ... then someone will build a grail-like system, based on several trades with minimal loss and catching spikes with qualitative characteristics.

and then come up with a loss differential to all this or just search and analyse the most trending instruments in the whole forex market...

ehhh...but it's all in the ooooooooooooooooooooooong future))

=D

Reason: