From theory to practice - page 476

Alexander_K2:

Memory.

Yes, this is the Grail you are looking for. Anyone who knows how to quantify this stuff knows all about the market.

However, you, as far as I know, are using Hearst. Wrong... IMHO.

You should use either ACF or non-gentropy.

I'm working with ACF at the moment - but, no one to even ask for calculation and application details. Prival and Avtomat seem to be the only people here who know a thing or two about it. And they've all left the forum... Only stumps like Unicornis are left... Moron after moron - that's the whole forum... Ugh.

I don't use Hearst. I use my market model, which has properties that can be exploited (confirmed experimentally).

You are trying to use an archaic model from the 1930s (the Dow theory). And you are also pulling models from physics which have nothing to do with the real processes in the market. That is the main mistake, IMHO.

Yes, I disagree about the morons. This is simply infantilism multiplied by unsatisfied ambitions. Also IMHO, of course.

Dmitriy Skub:

Yeah, I don't agree about the morons. It's just infantilism multiplied by unmet ambition. Also IMHO, of course.

What kind of ambition do morons have? I don't understand...

How can you rely only on yourself? The best minds of mankind (including Papuans) are working on this task and the result is almost zero.

So what on earth makes everyone here think that they can cope with the market alone, having the lowest post-Soviet education?

The whole point of the forum is to unite into teams by areas of work under the strict guidance of a project manager. There is no other way.

None of this is the case here. You cannot imagine a worse situation. Ugh. I've said it all.

Alexander_K2:

What kind of ambition do morons have? I don't understand...

How can you rely only on yourself? The best minds of mankind (including Papuans) are working on this task and the result is almost zero.

So what on earth makes everyone here think that they can cope with the market alone, having the lowest post-Soviet education?

The whole point of the forum is to unite into teams by areas of work under the strict guidance of a project manager. There is no other way.

None of this is the case here. You cannot imagine a worse situation. Ugh. I've said it all.

That's the direction to go!

Alexander_K2:

The whole point of the forum is to organise teams according to areas of work under the watchful eye of the project manager. There is no other way around it.

None of this is the case here at all. You can't imagine a worse situation. Ugh. I'm done talking.

Well, unite and set an example, not the post-Soviet slogans. You only need two people for a team in this field - a trader and a programmer. Any more would be turmoil and bumping heads...

But you do not fit as a trader, your brain is very much clogged with all that nonsense about science, then you should become a programmer for some trader with promising ideas ...

aleger:

That's the direction to go!

Try giving out a research assignment in the public domain. No one will do it, I assure you.

I will undertake, if there will be something from the field of mathematical statistics or the theory of Brownian motion.

Results of researches also will publish openly on a forum - it is my principal condition.

Alexander_K2:

The whole point of the forum is to organise teams according to areas of work under the watchful eye of the project manager. There is no other way.

This requires initial and not small investments in the project.

Otherwise, no one will listen to this manager - everyone has their own secret designs and ideas about what needs to be done.

In fact, you are proposing to unite and lead a group of executives. Utopia. IMHO.

Alexander_K2:

Try giving out a research assignment in the public domain. No one will do it, I assure you.

I will do it, if there is anything from the field of mathematical statistics or the theory of Brownian motion.

Results of researches also will publish openly on a forum - it is my principal condition.

The task or correctly put question is already 90 per cent of the answer or work done. No one will publish this openly and do not hope for it.

Also publishing the results is unlikely to satisfy a trader except for a signal only... That's what you have to start from...

Dmitriy Skub:

This requires initial and not small investments in the project.

Otherwise, no one will listen to this manager - everyone has their own secret designs and ideas about what they should be doing.

In fact, you are proposing to unite and lead a group of executives. Utopia.IMHO.

Well, I, for example, will not be able to objectively manage neural networkers. And their branch died for lack of a leader, so to speak...

And secrets can and should be small details - constants in TC settings, which are distributed only in private.

General areas of research should be in the public domain - to attract more participants.

OK, that's just me... I understand that this is not feasible in principle.

Alexander_K2:

Well, I, for one, am objectively unable to lead neural networkers. And their branch died precisely because of the lack of a leader, so to speak...

Not because of that... Just neural networks is a myth and a PR move of different companies to attract investment, and in reality there are people who either process everything manually or write algorithms.

When traders enter the market on a trend, they are in profit after a while. But the liquidity provider, who goes against the market, is in a loss. He makes the weather in the market, and not wanting to stay in losses, when he Suits himself, he makes a profit, and traders lose. Voluntarism, what Fourier series expansions are there? He's after the size of the profit for himself. :)