From theory to practice - page 480

Alexander_K2:

I can't check on history... Here's the trouble.

I work with Erlang flows for tick quotes - no one has such archives, alas...

You need a time series with 1 value per second. And it doesn't matter whether it was a real quote or a pseudo-quote. It is this kind of series that is important. In a separate field, for a real quote (when there was a real change of time stamp or a change of price increment), to put 1, for pseudo (when neither of them were present) - 0. All other values are derived from it.

Even Dukascopy doesn't have that. All include in the archives only real quotes, and spit on the pseudo, which is logical, of course.

I have long ago asked the programmers here to help - to make a utility that augments the real seconds BP with pseudo-quotes. The answer - silence. Like - what for? You can make money without it, and you can't do it yourself, or what? So on and on.

And let only those to whom it directly concerns, be offended by "morons". To most people, but not to smart people :)))

bullshit

everything has been in the terminal for a long time

Alexander_K2:

You need a time series with 1 value per second. And it doesn't matter whether it was a real quote or a pseudo-quote. It is this kind of series that is important. In a separate field, for a real quote (when there was a real change of time stamp or a change of price increment), to put 1, for pseudo (when neither of them were present) - 0. All other values are derived from it.

Even Dukascopy doesn't have that. All include in the archives only real quotes, and spit on the pseudo, which is logical, of course.

I have long ago asked the programmers here to help - to make a utility that augments the real seconds BP with pseudo-quotes. The answer - silence. Like - what for? You can make money without it, and you can't do it yourself, or what? So on and on.

And let only those to whom it directly concerns, be offended by "morons". To most people, but not to clever people :)))

Don't fool the newbies, Aleksander. You were offered to make a robot to test on history. Your reply was silence.

By now you would have tried a bunch of approaches without months of testing on the real and owned the grail or realised the futility of the approach.

Alexander_K2:

Your "Erlang's flows" are ordinary equilibrium bars. They are elementary assembled in Mql, Python or C#.

Knowing how to work with data is a basic skill for any market researcher. I am sure, that to master it will not cause you difficulties, you "solved not such problems in physics, by easy movement of the left heel".

In case of extreme helplessness,Ihor Herasko is here on the forum, he made a program to convert ticks to FXT file for tester, with any data representation.

Alexander_K2:

And let only those to whom it directly applies be offended by "morons". Most people, but not clever people :)))

Even if you really are a physicist, even that doesn't give you any reason to think everyone else is a moron.

Even the smartest professor can't grind out a part better than a turner. Alas. You'll have to study to become a lathe operator.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Even if you really are a physicist, even that doesn't give you any reason to think everyone else is a moron.

Even the smartest professor can't grind out a part better than a turner. Alas. You'll have to study to be a lathe operator.

Well, maybe I was a little over the top. Pardon me...

But, man, when you're crawling around zero for a year, it's nerve-wracking.

Those who know me personally will tell you the truth - I'm a real physicist by training. Just "physicist" and that's it - no prefixes or adjectives.

Oh, come on - that's beside the point.

I, under the weight of the proverbial 0%, am ready to do someone's job, regardless of positions and education, related to TViMS or the theory of Brownian motion - just to move from the dead point.

Alexander_K2:

Well, maybe I went a bit over the top somewhere. Pardon me...

But, man, when you crawl around 0 for half a year, it's bound to get on your nerves.

Those who know me personally will tell you the truth - I'm a real physicist by training. Just "physicist" and that's it - no prefixes or adjectives.

I, under the weight of the notorious 0%, am ready to do someone's job, regardless of positions and education, connected with TViMS or the theory of Brownian motion - just to move from the dead point.

Skype? You can put it in a private message...

Alexander_K2:

But, man, when you crawl around 0 for half a year, you're bound to lose your nerve.

I, under the weight of the notorious 0%, am willing to do someone's bidding, regardless of positions and education, related to TViMS or the theory of Brownian motion - just to move from the dead point.

It will probably take at least 10 years to understand the market. It will always be a lottery.

The only people who can offer you technical challenges are those who cannot do more.) Do you need it?

aleger:

You got Skype?

No, mate. Post the task of calculating and analysing a parameter right here.

Alexander_K2:

No, mate. Post the task of calculating and analysing a parameter right here.

Then wait (until carrot's eye)

Alexander_K2:

But, man, when you crawl around 0 for half a year, you're bound to lose your nerve.

I, under the notorious 0%, am ready to do someone's job, regardless of positions and education, connected with TViMS or the theory of Brownian motion - just to move from the dead point.

I read the thread all the time and conclude: "The more knowledge, the more frustration".

Reason: