From theory to practice - page 1955

Now I will only be on the forum when the baskak's nickname is crossed out.

No point in spoiling my nerves.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Now I will only be on the forum when the baskak's nickname is crossed out.

No point in spoiling my nerves.

Now let's talk about increments.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Now let's talk about increments.

Good. We can discuss in peace. I'll take care of some urgent business. Don't run away.

Got a couple of minutes to spare.

--------

In order to get the value of the increment it is necessary to define the initial reference point.

For me Open[1] is more comfortable and convenient point to observe. It is easier in MT4/5. It is ideal for any TF. It may be based on various MAs and other possible objects.

For 1 hour chart by 4 digits.

Increment=(iClose(_Symbol,1,0)-iOpen(_Symbol,1,60))/_Point/10;

I compare the current price to the starting point and the price difference will be the increment for a certain period of time.

If you observe such difference you will see a lot of interesting things.

I don't do tick history. It's a matter of minutes to make an indicator on ticks. If you are not too lazy to do it. Upload the indicator or at least the result.

Then we will think how to use it. There is an idea that it even makes sense.

I have other strategies on the market, but I may participate in such a theme. It would even be interesting.

Uladzimir Izerski:

--------

In order to get the value of the increment it is necessary to define the initial reference point.

For me Open[1] is the most comfortable and convenient point to observe. It is simpler in MT4/5. It is ideal for any TF. It may be taken from various MAs and other possible objects.

I compare the current price to the starting point and the price difference will be the increment for a certain period of time.

I don't do tick history. It's a matter of minutes to make an indicator on ticks. If you are not too lazy to do it. If you are not too lazy, post the indicator or at least the result.

Then we will think about how to use it. I have an idea that it even makes sense.

I have other strategies in the market, but I can participate in such a theme. It would even be interesting.

You may have it, but the signal will be very rare, and to correctly catch the signal you need a good sampling (a year or two at least).

Uladzimir Izerski:

--------

For me Open[1] is the most comfortable and convenient point to observe. It is simpler in MT4/5. It is ideal for any TF. It may be taken from various MAs and other possible objects.

I don't do tick history. It's a matter of minutes to make an indicator on ticks. If you are not too lazy to do it. Upload the indicator or at least the result.

Then we will think how to use it. There is an idea that it even makes sense.

I have other strategies on the market, but I may participate in such a theme. It would even be interesting.

To be honest, I do not understand anything.

The increment (price_0 - price_60) = the sum of _60 (price_0 - price_1), it is clear.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:

Of course there is, but the signal will be very rare, and in order to catch the signal correctly you need to do a lot of sampling (a year or two at least)

Not really. This is speculation.

We need a chart to prove it.

Maybe someone will post it. I don't need to deal with ticks to write an indicator.

I have a constant observation of the last change and I don't have an indicator for the whole movement. I think an interesting picture in ticks would come out.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

I don't get it, to be honest.

The increment (price_0 - price_60) = the sum _60 (price_0 - price_1), so it is clear.

It is necessary to observe on every tick. That is the whole point.

Uladzimir Izerski:

You have to keep a watch on every tick. That's the whole point.

So you're saying that the sum of tick increments won't equal the price difference?

Evgeniy Chumakov:

So you are saying that the sum of tick increments will not equal the price difference?

Let me put it this way. The ticks themselves have nothing to do with it. We need a tick chart and on it we plot the value from the formula.

We will consider the increments in time; they will be within a narrow range, but they will be informative.

Reason: