From theory to practice - page 1616

Dmitriy Skub:
Are you completely dumbed down by the unequal struggle with forex? Can't grasp the meaning of the sentence anymore?))

Are you suggesting that I read more of your lip-smacking here? Ugh, one more time.

khorosh:

I knew that more than 10 years ago.

Well, we are supposed to judge the drawdown by the figures in the report, not by the picture. And the figures in the report are correct. During testing, the maximal drawdown is calculated in the Expert Advisor. Its location is detected with an accuracy of up to one hour. This helps and accelerates the process of debugging, tuning and improving the algorithm when creating and testing the Expert Advisor. When I run a test, I see the current maximum drawdown and the time of its occurrence. If it does not fit my requirements, I stop the testing without waiting for its completion and begin to refine the parameters and the algorithm in order to reduce it. This saves a lot of development time.

I apologize, of course, that I may not have been in the centre of your thoughts. This is not a cruise missile.)

Kindly be lenient.

А.

The market is not a necessary structure for repetition.

There is always repetition, but in a new execution.

Everyone trades as they please.

There is no perfect technique for getting cash.

khorosh:

I knew that more than 10 years ago.

Well, we are supposed to judge the drawdown by the figures in the report, not by the picture. And the figures in the report are correct. During testing, the maximal drawdown is calculated in the Expert Advisor. Its location is determined with the accuracy of up to one hour. This helps and speeds up the process of debugging, tuning and improving the algorithm when creating and testing the Expert Advisor. When I run a test, I see the current maximum drawdown and the time of its occurrence. If it does not meet my requirements, I stop the testing without waiting for its completion and begin to refine the parameters and the algorithm in order to reduce it. This saves me a lot of time in developing and achieving the desired result.

I know you as an old-timer of the forum, but unfortunately I do not know what you know ))))

This girl has chosen one of the worst ways to increase the lifetime of the TS - overlapping losses and trading without SL. I saw it in the screenshot of the test, and I also don't know if she knows how to analyze the tester reports: reports in MT4 and in MT5 give a lot of quality information about the test

I don't know if she knows how to analyze the tester reports: MT4 and MT5 reports give us a lot of good information about the test. And in particular how to analyze TS on history data, but she found time to read Shiryaev's work, ask questions and get applause of the audience, and read what is the test and what should be prepared for when trading ... I suspect that she did not have time

i had no time to analyze her signal, i just took a quick look, but i think she lost the spread and did not calculate the stoplosses correctly - they are there, but the SL size is hard to say what was the reason

The Pole's signal is called ANN and may have
anything to do with the previous artwork...

Igor Makanu:

I know you as an old forum member, but unfortunately I don't know what you know ))))

This girl has chosen one of the worst ways to increase the lifetime of the TS - overlapping losses and trading without SL in the test, and I also do not know whether she knows how to analyze the tester reports: MT4 reports, as in MT4, as in MT5, give a lot of quality information about the test

I don't know if she knows how to analyze tester reports: MT4 and MT5 reports give a lot of quality information about the strategy tester, and I don't know if she knows how to analyze MT4 and MT5 reports, but I already know if she knows how to analyze TP's reports, they give a lot of quality information in tests. I suspect that she did not have time

i had no time to analyze her signal, i just took a quick look, but i think she lost profit on spread and did not calculate stoplosses correctly - they are there, but the SL size is hard to say what was the reason.

A drained deposit does not indicate a very successful strategy.

But heroism can always be maintained.

Igor Makanu:

I know you as an old forum member, but unfortunately I don't know what you know ))))

This girl has chosen one of the worst ways to increase the lifetime of the TS - overlapping losses and trading without SL. I saw it in the screenshot of the test, and I also do not know whether she knows how to analyze the tester reports: reports, in MT4, as in MT5, give a lot of quality information about the test

I don't know if she knows how to analyze the Strategy Tester: MT4 and MT5 reports give us a lot of good information about the strategy tester, and I don't know if she knows how to analyze MT4 and MT5 reports, but they do give us some tips about how to make a good analysis. I suspect that she did not have time

I don't analyzed her signal, just took a quick look, but i think she lost profit on spread and did not calculate stoplosses correctly - they are there, but the SL size is hard to say what was the reason.

I do not really care about this girl. She is not the first or last victim of forex. I just wanted to note the fact that the balance sheet picture during testing does not reflect the actual equity drawdown is not a fatal flaw of MT4 because correct equity drawdown figures are available in the report. A serious and competent trader or proger always evaluates the TS by figures, not by the picture.

khorosh:

I don't really care about this girl. She is not the first or the last forex victim. I just wanted to comment on your message that the balance picture during testing does not reflect the actual drawdown of equity is not a fatal flaw of MT4 because the report has correct figures for equity drawdown. A serious and competent trader or proger always assesses the TS by figures and not by a picture.

I appreciate the seriousness of your analysis. There is no catch here. Everything is fine. It doesn't matter that the tree fell down. It's not like everyone got run over.

khorosh:

And a serious and competent trader or proger always evaluates the TS by the numbers, not by the picture.

I suspect she is neither a trader nor a proger ))))

PS:

the drawdown, here we need to understand what we want to "get" from the TS

- or to get maximal balance with a minimum of signals from TS ---> drawdowns are usually big (>30%)

- or to get the maximum balance when reinvesting, quite a complicated task, I'm still reading the game theory with a lot of calculations - I am not very good at this, I have not tested it yet

- or to have the minimum drawdown and we are not interested in the balance, but in this kind of TS no one takes into account the fact that loss of profit = increase in risk

- or get the TS with a lot of signals, which has a moderate drawdown, and the balance depends on the total number of deals - here is a very thin line between risk and profitability of TS

in general the calculation of the optimal evaluation of TS - a "sore subject" for me, I'm still reading, but in fact this is the most important thing in TS, rather than how to enter the market and when to exit - that's actually what 99% of traders are doing ;)

Igor Makanu:

I suspect she is not yet a trader or a proger ))))

PS:

about the drawdown, here we need to understand what we want to "get" from the TS

- or to get maximal balance with a minimum of signals from TS ---> drawdowns are usually big (>30%)

- or to get the maximum balance when reinvesting, quite a complicated task, I'm still reading the game theory with a lot of calculations - I am not very good at this, I haven't tested it yet

- or to have the minimum drawdown and we are not interested in the balance, but in this kind of TS no one takes into account the fact that loss of profit = increase in risk

- or get the TS with a lot of signals, which has a moderate drawdown, and the balance depends on the total number of deals - here is a very thin line between risk and profitability of TS

In general the calculation of the optimal evaluation of TS is a "sore subject" for me, I'm still reading, but in fact it is the most important thing in TS, rather than how to enter the market and when to exit - what 99% of traders are doing ;)

Igor, if you look closely into the signals, you will notice an interesting pattern.

Most of the signals have a tactical attachment to deceive the clients into manipulating with withdrawals and deposits to maintain a nice chart.

Pretty to cheat is not forbidden))))

Igor Makanu:

I suspect she is not yet a trader or a proger ))))

PS:

about the drawdown, here we need to understand what we want to "get" from the TS

- or to get the maximum balance when reinvesting, quite a complicated task, I'm still reading the game theory with a lot of calculations - I am not very good at this, I haven't tested it yet

In general the calculation of the optimal evaluation of TS - "sore subject" for me, I'm still reading, but in fact it is the most important thing in TS, rather than how to enter the market and when to exit - what, in fact, 99% of traders are doing ;)

I would like to draw your attention to the desirability of using investments when testing Expert Advisors.

In order to have a more reliable check of stability of an EA, we should either imitate periodical withdrawal of accumulated profit during testing, or reinvest it by increasing the lot. In both cases, the ratio of deposit and lot volume used for transactions is kept constant with a certain accuracy. When there is no such a stability, the conditions at the beginning of the test and at the end of the test are different in terms of risk of losing the deposit. At the beginning of the test, the risk is larger than at the end, because at the beginning the deposit is smaller than at the end. Of course, if the Expert Advisor is profitable (at least in the tester). Otherwise it makes no sense to talk about it.

Reason: