From theory to practice - page 1576

sibirqk:

As far as I am concerned, the profits of any DC as a business venture are mostly made up of the trading of, shall we say, naive traders. The vast majority of them, I think more than 90%. The direction of their open positions can be modeled by a coin, i.e. about half of them open upwards and half of them open downwards. Their combined spread plus slippage is the net profit of the brokerage company. The unbalanced balance is transferred by the brokerage company to hedge risks somewhere outside, for example to another brokerage company.

What does this have to do with slippage if 90% of traders trade with hands and there is also slippage in robots?

Renat Akhtyamov:

It makes my heart bleed ;)

Got a profitable system first, and then...

That's what I've been doing for the last 4 years or so - survivability.

It's a very interesting subject, I'd even say it's hot.

Yeah, it's a dead end, imho. Filters will become even cooler with time.

Although it depends on the spread of course, in the case of Pipsa, for ordinary mortals it is gigaaiantsky. Well, it's clear. And to minimize its effect the easiest way is to go to a large frame or without the frame, but with good movements. But it's another thing))))

Well, everyone knows it here))))

vladevgeniy:

Yes pipsa is a dead end imho. Filters will get even steeper with time.

Although it depends on the size of spread of course, in the case of pips, for mere mortals it is gigaaiant... Well, it's clear. And to minimize its effect the easiest way is to go to a large frame or without the frame, but with good movements. But it's another thing))))

Everybody knows it))))

can be a pip in the long term?

the question is philosophical, imho.

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

could there be a pips in the long term?

philosophical question, imho.

;)

Grider systems are very much a pip in the long term)

EgorKim:

Grid systems are very much pips in the long term)

Pipsing is all about closing profitable positions early.

If you catch a trend with pips, you're in the sweet spot.

But we should know what is the trend.)))

sibirqk:

And finally another very small group of traders - exploiting inefficiencies in the software and in the operation of the brokerage company itself, for example in the quotation flow, as shown by Vladimir .

The profit made by this group is a net loss for the DC and in my opinion it is naive to expect that it will agree to pay it to the trader. That's why the brokerage companies spend a lot of money on plug-ins to buy out such inefficiencies in their software.

The client's profit is always the broker's loss. Or do you think that the liquidity provider will allow the brokerage company to send losses to him systematically? In less than a month, such a contract will be terminated. Why does the liquidity provider need it? The net loss of brokerage companies is the profit of their clients. The financial interests of the clients are completely opposite to those of the brokerage companies. Therefore your term "inefficiency" means only one thing - the clients' money is not taken effectively. The DC has no other means of livelihood.

Of course, the company would not want to pay anything to the client. And there are many trading platforms developed for this purpose, with MT being the leader for about 15 years now. It's even available free of charge to clients. Even without any plug-ins it allowshttps://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2199482:

"delayed opening and closing of market orders, delayed execution of pending orders, delayed setting of pending orders". And much, much more, such as the use of asymmetric slippage, for which, in particular, a fine of USD 459 thousand was paid (see the NFA's decision athttps://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/basic-reg-actions-details.aspx?nfaid=8xWTPnTVRTw%3d&case=10BCC00015&contributor=NFA&rnd=f5cfece7-8db2-4a3c-bb4c-04566e053605).

Plugins automate this activity. It seems like a long time ago, but I didn't just give a screenshot in the post https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/221552/page1572#comment_13232527, the VDP case is alive and well. Even software tools have been developed to diagnose its applicationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSih-uqKU0&feature=youtu.be&hd=1.

Программные убытки
Программные убытки
  • Газета "Коммерсантъ"
  • www.kommersant.ru
21:54

Renat Akhtyamov:

can there be pips in the long term?

A philosophical question, imho.

;)

It can of course, but it's hard to fight a highly interfering spread. I'm not even talking about the system itself and the complexity of its development....

If the goal is within e.g. 3 spreads. It comes out for example opened in a buy. You open on asc, you already know where from the price) To earn these 3 spreads you have to go through 4 spreads. And to lose we need to go through 2. 4 to 2 only because of the spread. Logic dictates - no need)))

vladevgeniy:

Maybe of course, but it's hard to fight a heavily interfering spread. I'm not talking about the system itself and the complexity of developing it....

If the goal is within e.g. 3 spreads. It comes out for example opened in a buy. You open on asc, you already know where from the price) To earn these 3 spreads you have to go through 4 spreads. And to lose we need to pass the current 2. 4 to 2 only because of the spread. Logic dictates - no need))))

so the spread plus 1 point is not comelfo?

Renat Akhtyamov:

So spread plus 1 point is not kamilfo?

Take the spread? There will be even more dependence. not kamilfo. and 3 not kamilfo)))

Recently, the average daily candle size on EURUSD =648 on the 5 digits. That's 648/15=43 spreads. Realistically you can take half of it. Enough for small expenses)
Reason: