From theory to practice - page 1419

Renat Akhtyamov:

it won't work.

If you count from the depo, it'll make it go down faster.

If from equity - you will have to accept the loss or the system will not allow you to trade according to the specified algorithm

just think about my posts on the subject.

I personally came to the conclusion that the lot size should by no means be imposed on any kind of progression.

I felt the same way long time ago and contradicted the topicstartor in the Avalanche thread. The topicstarter refuted me. After thinking about it and checking the numbers, I agreed and apologized. So I suggest you think about it too. Everything I'm saying has been calculated and tested in practice.

khorosh:

I thought the same thing a long time ago, and I objected to it in the Avalanche thread. The topic writer refuted me. After thinking about it and checking the numbers, I agreed and apologised. So I suggest you think about it too. Everything I say has been calculated and tested in practice.

The volume of the lot does not depend on the accepted progression in the martin network, it depends on the market price

Грааль:

Witha good input signal, why would you need a martin? Martin only disguises a bad forecast, if the forecast has a positive expected payoff, Martin will not improve trading. This is a kind of "optical illusion" in the market when we see flat equity or exponential (when reinvesting), we get illusion of success, precisely because we think out of habit that having risen by X times, it will be X times harder to withdraw, but it is not so with a Martin, whatever you earn, you withdraw quickly and unpredictably. The situation with random option trading is the same, a beginner may think that this is a Klondike, the profit deal after deal and no end in sight for the profit, but the draw-down is fast and devastating.

There is no sense in martin, well at all, if you trade for yourself, but not to engage in some kind of near-market scam, it's just a way to redistribute risk in singular areas, which in short periods of time gives the illusion of success, but in the end the risk becomes incommensurably more. The right way is to have anti-martin as an MM, i.e. to decrease the lot in case of systematic forecast errors, but the equity will not be presentable, traders will not appreciate it and PAMM will not become popular.

The notion of a good input is relative. Suppose I have a certain signal. This signal may bring profit when used on a Martin, but if you use it in an Expert Advisor without a Martin, it will be loss-making. You do not allow for this?

Do you often see the occurrence of the long irreversible trend on EURJPY? If we close with a 10% loss in a non-flat trend, do you believe the loss will always be greater than the profit? Do you think this will happen often?Here I have posted the test results of my last EA with a martin, which is now trading quite successfully in real time.

Renat Akhtyamov:

the volume of the lot does not depend on the progression accepted in the martin network, it depends on the market price

No need to object along the lines of " ...and you've got negroes hanging." I was talking about the possibility of using reinvestment in EAs with martin without increasing the relative drawdown and hence the risk.

khorosh:

No need to argue along the lines of "...and you have Negroes hanging." I was talking about the possibility of using reinvestment in EAs with martin without increasing the relative drawdown and hence the risk.

there is no such possibility in EAs with a margin

martin - potentially increase the risk and potentially a sinker

suggested above anti-martin - will decrease risk

working both together in the same EA - this is the only way to ensure both reinvestment and anything else with a stable risk relative to equity equal to balance

Renat Akhtyamov:

there is no such feature in EAs with a martin

martin - potentially increase risk and potentially a sinker

suggested above anti-martin - will decrease the risk

working together with both of them in one Expert Advisor - this is the only way to ensure reinvestment and anything else with a stable risk relative to equity, equal to balance

You probably don't quite understand how reinvestment works. Reinvestment is exactly how the anti-martin principle works. Suppose we had a drawdown and closed with a 10% loss. When you next enter the market the initial lot is reduced, because it will be calculated from the deposit amount reduced by 10%.

khorosh:

You don't seem to understand exactly how reinvestment works. Reinvestment is exactly how the anti-martin principle works. Let's say we had a drawdown and closed with a 10% loss. At the next market entry the initial lot is decreased, because it will be calculated from the deposit amount decreased by 10%.

I understand it, I just do not accept it.

Calculate relativity of profit and loss when reinvesting

reinvest 0.01, 0.02

profit in both cases is 10%

in the third reinvestment - 0.04

10% loss (even if it is 0.03, it is still a loss in total)

add up the profit and loss amounts

what kind of system is it that makes you trade wasted time?

Renat Akhtyamov:

I understand that, I just don't accept stupidity.

And I stupidly don't accept stupidity in any sauce.)) I'm not talking about you specifically, but in general.)

khorosh:

And I don't accept stupidity in any sauce whatsoever.)) I'm not talking about you specifically, but in general without regard.)

You should not blindly believe what the test showed, count, plan, trade to profit by a pre-calculated trading plan.

You may have 3 losses in a row, 4, 5, 10, what to do?

Renat Akhtyamov:

I understand that, I just don't accept it.

make a small calculation of the relativity of profit to loss when reinvesting

reinvest 0.01, 0.02

profit in both cases - 10%

on the third reinvestment 0.04

10% loss

Add up the profit and loss amounts

What kind of system is it that makes you trade for nothing?

What makes you think that the profit in both cases is 10%? Then it is clear why you do not like reinvestments. Profit for closing should be calculated in points. If the value of points is the same, the profit at 0.02 lot is 2 times larger.

Reason: