Download MetaTrader 5

MT4 ROAMING DATA FOLDER

To add comments, please log in or register
Mohammad Soubra
Mohammad Soubra  

Hello

Could any one help me regarding the data folder in MT4

I want to replace it from Drive to another Drive in my PC

it is coming by default in C: drive like the path below (even if the MT4 has installed in different drive such as the D: drive) 

C:\Users\onesoubra-user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\78962726443002B9B23C22A3388139E7

could any one please inform me is it possible or not to transfer the data file from drive to another (or path to another)?

Thanks 

Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber  

I don't use the mt4-folder (mt5 might be the same) but my folder structure using the /portable-mode.

To me it's a lot easier to handle.

Try to copy everything with in that folder to a new one (e.g. C:\Users\onesoubra-user\Documents\Mt4 T1\),

and create a short cut with:

Target:        C:\Users\onesoubra-user\Documents\Mt4 T1\terminal.exe /portable

Execute in:   C:\Users\onesoubra-user\Documents\Mt4 T1\

Beside that I am using Schinagl's Link Shell Extension (google - it's free) as sometime the a link isn't accepted but it's links are accepted as 'real' folders!
Maybe Win 7, 8, and 10 don't need that but I have kept it from "Once upon a time".

Maik Prothmann
Maik Prothmann  
install it new on the other drive. After that you can transfer your templates and anything else you want e.g. EAs.
Mohammad Soubra
Mohammad Soubra  
Maik Prothmann:
install it new on the other drive. After that you can transfer your templates and anything else you want e.g. EAs.
Already tried ! But the data folder going direct/default to c: (as above)

my problem is
I am downloading more back test history tick data for more than a pair and more than a year back
But it make my c: drive full 
I have low space in c drive, but in my d logic drive i have more than 450 GB
so. Thia why i am asking how to shift data folder to d drive...

It seems i will format my pc and give the c drive bigger space
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber  
Mohammad Soubra:
Already tried ! But the data folder going direct/default to c: (as above)

my problem is
I am downloading more back test history tick data for more than a pair and more than a year back
But it make my c: drive full 
I have low space in c drive, but in my d logic drive i have more than 450 GB
so. Thia why i am asking how to shift data folder to d drive...

It seems i will format my pc and give the c drive bigger space

I have the same problem and I have all the tick data on an external USB-drive (1TB). From there I create the fxt-files I need. Beside that using the Link Shell Extension to have only one folder for all fxt files for all my terminals.

Mohammad Soubra
Mohammad Soubra  
Carl Schreiber:

I have the same problem and I have all the tick data on an external USB-drive (1TB). From there I create the fxt-files I need. Beside that using the Link Shell Extension to have only one folder for all fxt files for all my terminals.

Yes mate
Me too
I am planning to copy these huge data into an external HDD with biggest capacity available in the market

I wonder of such as simple data need more than expected resorces
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber  
Mohammad Soubra:
Yes mate
Me to
I am planning to copy these huge data into an external HDD with biggest capacity available in the market

I wonder of such as simple data need more than expected resorces
I have an USB drive with 1 TB and ~50% full with mainly Dukascopy.
I don't think you need more that 1TB for the tickdata - but each fxt-file m1, m5, m15,.. do have the same size and they can get quite big.
Mohammad Soubra
Mohammad Soubra  
Carl Schreiber:
I have an USB drive with 1 TB and ~50% full with mainly Dukascopy.
I don't think you need more that 1TB for the tickdata - but each fxt-file m1, m5, m15,.. do have the same size and they can get quite big.
!

Mohammad Soubra
Mohammad Soubra  
Finally, I have been formatted my pc and have also devided my hard desk into two parts c & d (C has 450 GB D has 50 GB)
I think C drive has enough space now
To add comments, please log in or register