MT4 ROAMING DATA FOLDER

Hello

Could any one help me regarding the data folder in MT4

I want to replace it from Drive to another Drive in my PC

it is coming by default in C: drive like the path below (even if the MT4 has installed in different drive such as the D: drive) 

C:\Users\onesoubra-user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\78962726443002B9B23C22A3388139E7

could any one please inform me is it possible or not to transfer the data file from drive to another (or path to another)?

Thanks 

I don't use the mt4-folder (mt5 might be the same) but my folder structure using the /portable-mode.

To me it's a lot easier to handle.

Try to copy everything with in that folder to a new one (e.g. C:\Users\onesoubra-user\Documents\Mt4 T1\),

and create a short cut with:

Target:        C:\Users\onesoubra-user\Documents\Mt4 T1\terminal.exe /portable

Execute in:   C:\Users\onesoubra-user\Documents\Mt4 T1\

Beside that I am using Schinagl's Link Shell Extension (google - it's free) as sometime the a link isn't accepted but it's links are accepted as 'real' folders!
Maybe Win 7, 8, and 10 don't need that but I have kept it from "Once upon a time".

install it new on the other drive. After that you can transfer your templates and anything else you want e.g. EAs.

Maik Prothmann:
install it new on the other drive. After that you can transfer your templates and anything else you want e.g. EAs.
Already tried ! But the data folder going direct/default to c: (as above)

my problem is
I am downloading more back test history tick data for more than a pair and more than a year back
But it make my c: drive full 
I have low space in c drive, but in my d logic drive i have more than 450 GB
so. Thia why i am asking how to shift data folder to d drive...

It seems i will format my pc and give the c drive bigger space

Mohammad Soubra:
Already tried ! But the data folder going direct/default to c: (as above)

my problem is
I am downloading more back test history tick data for more than a pair and more than a year back
But it make my c: drive full 
I have low space in c drive, but in my d logic drive i have more than 450 GB
so. Thia why i am asking how to shift data folder to d drive...

It seems i will format my pc and give the c drive bigger space

I have the same problem and I have all the tick data on an external USB-drive (1TB). From there I create the fxt-files I need. Beside that using the Link Shell Extension to have only one folder for all fxt files for all my terminals.

Carl Schreiber:

I have the same problem and I have all the tick data on an external USB-drive (1TB). From there I create the fxt-files I need. Beside that using the Link Shell Extension to have only one folder for all fxt files for all my terminals.

Yes mate
Me too
I am planning to copy these huge data into an external HDD with biggest capacity available in the market

I wonder of such as simple data need more than expected resorces

Mohammad Soubra:
Yes mate
Me to
I am planning to copy these huge data into an external HDD with biggest capacity available in the market

I wonder of such as simple data need more than expected resorces
I have an USB drive with 1 TB and ~50% full with mainly Dukascopy.
I don't think you need more that 1TB for the tickdata - but each fxt-file m1, m5, m15,.. do have the same size and they can get quite big.

Carl Schreiber:
I have an USB drive with 1 TB and ~50% full with mainly Dukascopy.
I don't think you need more that 1TB for the tickdata - but each fxt-file m1, m5, m15,.. do have the same size and they can get quite big.
!

Finally, I have been formatted my pc and have also devided my hard desk into two parts c & d (C has 450 GB D has 50 GB)
I think C drive has enough space now
Reason: