$500 to $18m in 5 years...fact or fiction? - page 8

Guyver:
I like it, please go on!. We really need some educated posts here.. 2000 for 5% looks good i would even prefer 3%-2% and with 5000$ to start with this would have good cushion .

It's all about the safety cushion. Anyone that knows business knows that to make a success it's not about squeezing ever single bit of profit as possible, it's about steady low risk growth. 2% is ideal, which is what i'm planning to be at around a year from now.

I'll post some other ideas when i get back from my 9 hour shift i'm having to constantly do to pump my fx account

philt:
The idea is flawed beyond belief, in an ideal world yes, but not in the real world..

thanks for that in depth insight. ever heard of optimism?

instead of people saying "it's a bad idea" please elaborate your reasoning, or don't bother posting.

I do believe. I might be nuts but I just joining the crowd

So i have read this thread form top to bottom and back. and there are some opinions from both sides of the fence but one thing is missing, as with most of these types of threads and that's a requirement list. ie what do we need to have to create this system. please add to the list

1.A 100 pip close all if system is up 100 pips from previous month stop trading

scrambledem:
thanks for that in depth insight. ever heard of optimism? instead of people saying "it's a bad idea" please elaborate your reasoning, or don't bother posting.

Dont tell me not to bother posting knucklehead, go make an omlette or something..

Nothing wrong with having optmisim but need to be realistic aswell..

philt:
Dont tell me not to bother posting knucklehead, go make an omlette or something.. Nothing wrong with having optmisim but need to be realistic aswell..

Being Realistic is a good thing , for e.g. I am not interested with the whole idea author posted but the rules he said. In other words some ground work or some framework when you trade. Do you have some ideas? Do you think author's rules are not realistic or the thread "title"?

Guyver

Guyver:
Being Realistic is a good thing , for e.g. I am not interested with the whole idea author posted but the rules he said. In other words some ground work or some framework when you trade. Do you have some ideas? Do you think author's rules are not realistic or the thread "title"? Guyver

The title..I think turning $500 into $18 mil in 5 years is fancyful..

philt:
The title..I think turning $500 into $18 mil in 5 years is fancyful..

I do agree because having a target of $18m is breaking one of the rules....greed. You'll never have to work again if you make $1m.

I just hate it when people post useless negative unreasoned comments.

I think it you modified the rules so a target of $1m over 4-5years with minimal investment is achievable, if you have a good system.

scrambledem:
@ BIG JOE, why are you hanging around here posting stupid comments if your such a successful trader....sad

I'm probably too noob to be true !

Don't even know why i discuss in this thread.

Hooah !

Well put it this way, whoever makes 18mil in 5 years will definitely be the first to do so from 500USD.

So the probabilities are stacked way against you.

forexmoments:
Well put it this way, whoever makes 18mil in 5 years will definitely be the first to do so from 500USD. So the probabilities are stacked way against you.

How do you know (not guess) that one will defenitly be the first for sure?? Do you have acces to sources about that? Are there sources, statistics about it whatsovever?

Reason: