How to change a spread value in MST (tester)?

Is it possible?
If not - I'll request that feature. It is crucial in many of my eas.
Also remaining symbol's properties are important.
That would be great to have a control of it.

I guess it wouldn't be very big thing to add this to upcoming 196 build.

Cheers!

Check out "struct TestHistory in fxt" , comment 21.09.05 01:53

Thanks Irtron. I guess this is it, but... The way it should be is to have that ability directly in tester in "Symbol properties".

So Metaquotes: please add this feature. Its essencial in system profiling.

Cheers.

It would be great to have possibility to import tick data in tester's history file (fxt). Ticks with spread value.

It's not possible right now. Spread is constant for all of fxt bars.

I know that would be a lot of programming work but the result - almost 100% test quality. Assuming use of good tick source.

#pragma pack(push,1)
struct TestHistory
  {
   time_t            otm;                // open time
   double            open;               // current bar values
   double            low;
   double            high;
   double            close;
   double            volume;
   time_t            ctm;                // current time (time of this bar state)
   int               flag;               // expert launch flag (0-bar is modified but expert not launched)
  };
#pragma pack(pop)

Will tester launch two ticks with the same ctm?

I'm trying to simulate different spread - I would add additional tick with bigger price if spread was bigger.

But will tester be launched for both ticks with the same time(ctm)?

What's the format of ctm? Is it minute or second precise?

I downloaded the Ticks collector EA and modified it so that it saves the spread with each tick within the close data field in the fxt file! I did this by placing the spread (in pips) in the third and fourth digits after the used digits for the currency pair. For example: with an incoming tick value of 117.42 for usd/jpy, if the spread is 3 pips then the saved tick value will be 117.420003.
Is it correct that the tester will only evaluate the number of digits to the right of the decimal that the function "Digits" returns for that currency pair? ie. for usd/jpy, it will only evaluate 2 digits to the right of the decimal!! When backtesting with my fxt file, how can I get my EA to use this recorded spread price: substitute the actual close price (117.42) + the extracted spread (.03) for the Ask price?
Reason: