How do you programmatically distinguish between a PROFESSIONAL fetus and a DILIETAN fetus? - page 15

There are 4 curves and 2 straight lines of different colours on the graph.

In your opinion, which curve most corresponds to the correlation between the programmer's professionalism and the size of the mq4 file?

What do you think is the optimal size?

PS: Now I'm just talking about size and nothing else, don't tell me that it's not just about size or it's not about size at all.
The size is one of many criteria, and I understand it very well.

Dima, it's no use...

A pro differs from a dilettante in that he knows all the intricacies of the language and platform (in our case). That's why code can be both extremely big and extremely small.

You are expressing yourself too abstractly.

DmitriyN:

There are 4 curves and 2 straight lines of different colours on the graph.

In your opinion, which curve corresponds the most to the dependence of the level of professionalism of the programmer on the size of the mq4 file?

What size do you think is best?

PS: Now I'm just talking about the size and nothing else, don't tell me that it's not just about the size or not about it at all.
The size is one of many criteria, and I understand it very well.

Brain torn, thanks for a good weekend!

FAQ:
If so, a question. Can a 1kbyte EA be profitable on a long history?

DmitriyN:

This question seems to be better addressed to professional programmers than to newbies. However, beginners' opinions will be also interesting. The matter concerns not traders, but programmers who write Expert Advisors, indicators and scripts in Mql4.

So what are the criteria? Please, speak up. It's not a rush, think about it...

I think it's an attempt by a frustrated man to find something worthwhile... And not just anything, but a professional one, because the probability of a better code is higher with a professional...

An alternative solution to your question is a program that will do the following .

Find and download code from the Internet

we will test it right away, and not only mq4, but eX4 will do

If there are no errors in the code and it gives + in the "Profitable" folder if the profit for the year is more than 100% in the "Super Profitable" folder

If the Expert Advisor makes mistakes or trades with a loss, put it in the "trash" folder or delete it.

The results of trading do not depend on whether the code is written professionally or not (assuming that the EA trades and does not make errors).

I think so, I may be wrong ....

Here.

FAQ:

Dima, it's no use...

A pro differs from a dilettante in that he knows all the intricacies of the language and platform (in our case). Therefore, the code can be both extremely big and extremely small.

You are expressing yourself too abstractly.

Absolutely agree. A dilettante can do a bunch of unnecessary calculations without thinking to combine them into a cycle ------> Size Smaller

With a more complex task may miss other normalisations and checks-------> Size is bigger

Ignoring functions and trying to fit all code into the start -----> Size is bigger

As you can see, the average size can be ignored, a professional lengthens/shrinks because he knows, an amateur because he doesn't know all the subtleties yet.

grell:
Brain torn, thanks for a good weekend!
There's a good game, Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend, give it a try.

DmitriyN:
There's a good game, Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend, you should try it.

Portal was enough for me:)

TheXpert:

Here.

Not funny. Which one of you is TheXpert or FAQ the best programmer? How do you rate it? How do you compare? Do you think it's impossible?
Reason: