MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 54

alexvd:
And what prevents you from working in /portable mode, especially if you do not keep anything on the system drive?

Of course I do. It's just not easy for the average user. At least make two shortcuts during installation. One usual (run without parameters), the other with key " /portable ".

Not everyone is so advanced.

I tried with /portable but the data here is still collected X:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\276278313298943519837030BB38AFE2, and the sense of pie, easier to find a workaround. The only thing I can't understand is for what kind of security all this is done and from whom. We will not let anybody else trade MT4 on our PC, and if he does, he either doesn't realize the risks, or takes them upon himself. So it turns out that we are overdoing it :) But if they have done so, then so be it, I've already made up my mind...

Barbarian:
I tried with /portable but the data here is still collected X:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\276278313298943519837030BB38AFE2 and the sense of pie, easier to find a workaround. The only thing I can't understand is for what kind of security all this is done and from whom. We will not let anybody else trade MT4 on our PC, and if he does, he either doesn't realize the risks, or takes them upon himself. So it turns out that we are overdoing it :) But if they have done so, then so be it, I've already made up my mind...

That's what viruses do.

In order not to bother with portable/non-portable, you should create a symlink to where you want it.

But why wouldn't Metquot hear our requests and make a choice of catalogues for storage?

I really hope there will be detailed instructions that are understandable to the uninitiated! In general, I'd like all installations, downloads and other technical operations to be automatic so as not to confuse things, especially as they write everything in English, you can't copy to translate it and you don't know what to do!

I'm on the 509 for now, but what's next? Will I have to rewrite programs in a different language?! Then it would be nice if they made an autotranslator of the current MKL4 into the one they are preparing for us!

Please don't take what I am saying as a complaint, but as a request from an ordinary user! Thank you!

Zhunko:

I don't understand Metakvot's desire to downgrade the security of user data.

Exactly to the contrary.

On the contrary, we are making it possible to use the terminal safely and without problems in a modern Windows 7/8 security environment. No more (millions of traders don't even know how to do it) disabling UAC and putting their system at more risk.

Security is strengthened and allows multiple users to work with the same program under different accounts without conflicts, without revealing their passwords to each other, and without affecting settings.

Why put everyone in the same system folder? Let everyone decide where to store their data.

I don't store anything in the system directories. Only the system is on the "C" drive. Programs and data are on other drives.

Now it is very easy to steal or corrupt user data. There is no need to search for them anymore.

Read above.

The reasons have already been explained many times. That's it, the "store and write wherever I want" time is over for Windows. Microsoft has finally driven everyone into "only a few places are allowed to store user files" mode. And that only place is inside \Users.

If installing on a separate drive, enable the /portable flag on the programme's startup shortcut.

borilunad:

I really hope that a detailed manual will be made that can be understood by the uninitiated! In general, I'd like all installations, downloads and other technical operations to be automatic so as not to confuse things, especially as they write everything in English, you can't copy to translate it and you don't know what to do!

I'm on the 509 for now, but what's next? Will I have to rewrite programs in a different language?! Then it would be nice if they made an autotranslator of the current MKL4 into the one they are preparing for us!

Please don't take what I am saying as a complaint, but as a request from an ordinary user! Thank you!

There is no need to rewrite anything. Read the thread from the beginning, please.

Renat:

Read the above.

The reasons have already been explained many times. That's it, the "store and write wherever I want" time is over for Windows. Microsoft has finally driven everyone into "only a few places allowed to store user files" mode. And that only place is inside \Users.

If installing on a separate drive, enable the /portable flag on the program's startup shortcut.

Well, make it a choice for the user instead of the " /portable" flag! It makes the user's life easier.

Make selection restriction if MT is installed on C drive. By default, let it put it wherever it needs to be.

I don't think Windows restricts writing to other disks. Even if the program is installed on the C drive.

Renat:

There is no need to rewrite anything. Read the thread from the beginning, please.

Thank you very much! Made you happy, I really hope so! Good luck to all the developers!

I'm already confused. One thing is registered in MQL4 Reference (old distribution kit), while the new MQL4 Reference (529 and up) contains some other information. For example, the old MQL4 Reference has a variable Digits, but the new MQL4 Reference contains the function Digits() and the variable _Digits. It happens so in several places. So, the question arises - what has been implemented in the new MQL4. I've already got a couple of users who would like to know. Maybe it's possible to publish the list of changes and innovations during the release of a new build?

Barbarian:

I'm already confused. One thing is registered in MQL4 Reference (old distribution kit), while the new MQL4 Reference (529 and up) contains some other information. For example, the old MQL4 Reference has a variable Digits, but the new MQL4 Reference contains the function Digits() and the variable _Digits. It happens so in several places. So, the question arises - what has been implemented in the new MQL4. I've already got a couple of users who would like to know. Maybe it's possible to publish the list of changes and innovations during the release of a new build?

All the old ones are definitely in effect.
Reason: