Ward 6 - page 48

LeoV:
If it's about life, then it's beautiful and philosophical, but if it's about the aforementioned comrade, then I don't think so. This is not a place for suckers to listen to all sorts of crap and applaud it enthusiastically. Criticism and some cynicism is a useful thing in life )))). By the way, I think in real life he would be much tougher )))))
And if a person wants a round of applause, why not do him a favour and applaud?) It's not hard)

Dr.Drain:

Bravo!

LeoV:
We're not here to listen to bullshit.

Take Metatrader, save the statement (shown courtesy of DmitriyN), save the last column to a text file. File st.txt is in the appendix. Then look at the image (no one besides me is able to perform a competent analysis of the STATEMENT). As can be seen from the image, there will probably be a series of losing trades soon. They were very profitable lately. But it does not change the essence of the matter. The slope is bright upwards.

Conclusion. The system demonstrates super stability and probability of TP is 1.5 times higher than the probability of SL,

Files:
st.txt  2 kb

Dr.Drain:

Conclusion. The system demonstrates superstability ....

What is superpower?

Put a pelvis on your head and pull yourself up by its handles.

paukas:

What is super strength?

Put a pelvis on your head and pull yourself up by its handles.

But don't deny the rational grain in some indicators, based on price averaging...

Heroix:

Don't deny the rationale behind some indicators, based on price averaging
No, it is not. It is there. Namely, it shows "the average price value during the averaging period". That's it. It is of no use. Attempts to build a trading system on this will be immediately crushed by the fact that this value does not refer to the present moment, but to a point in time in the past (half of the averaging time in the past, roughly speaking). You can take any SMAs or SMAs-based indicators yourself and try to repeat my tricks with TP=SL. And make sure that by making trades based on past information, nothing good will come of it. The probability of TP will be 50%. Give or take. Will tend to 50% asymptotically as the number of trades increases.

Dr.Drain:
It doesn't. It is there. Specifically, it shows the 'average price over the averaging period'. That's it. It is of no use. Attempts to build a trading system on this will be immediately crushed by the fact that this value does not refer to the present moment, but to a point in time in the past (half of the averaging time in the past, roughly speaking). You can take any SMAs or SMAs-based indicators yourself and try to repeat my tricks with TP=SL. And make sure that by making trades based on past information, nothing good will come of it. The probability of TP will be 50%. Give or take. Will tend to 50% asymptotically as the number of trades increases.

A non-lagging average is an oxymoron(https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%8E%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD). If it is not lagging, what values is it averaging? Past values? Or does it have the ability to predict the future? The next question will depend on the answer.

gpwr:

A non-lagging average is an oxymoron If it is not lagging, what values is it averaging?
You are absolutely right. A non-lagged average is impossible by definition. You must use different approaches to construct a non-lagged filter, you cannot use averaging. I've said it more than once above.

Dr.Drain:
You are absolutely right. A non-lagging average is impossible by definition. To build a non-lagged filter, one has to use other approaches, one cannot use averaging. I have said it many times above.

You wrote it here

Dr.Drain:

I do not analyse the past in terms of how many bars were down or up. this is naive. the past is in the past. you should forget about it. i.e. i analyse the chart, but do not count the bars. and the result is related to the present. that is why i called my filter "non-lagging". Here, for example, for eurodollar (week shown: 5*288 bars M5):

so... the trend may be down... meaning the scale shown... But I'm using my counter-trend strategy to buy GBPUSD. WITH TP=SL. For the price is bouncing around the filter. Which way it will go - up or down - I don't know. It's equally likely. But against this background there is an upside probability, due to the fact that the price is below the appropriate end bar of the non-lagging filter.

So you don't believe in lag-free averages, but you believe in lag-free filters. SMA is the same filter with coefficients = 1/Period.

gpwr:

You don't believe in lag-free averages, but you believe in lag-free filters. SMA is the same filter with coefficients = 1/Period.

Exactly. A non-lagging average is impossible by definition. How many times do I have to tell you. Read it again: "The past is in the past. It must be forgotten". Not averaging. A non-lagged filter (the algorithm must be non-linear) is possible. The strict prohibition here is only for linear filters (SMA is a linear filter). About "with a factor of 1/Period" - ha ha ha. You clearly don't understand what you're writing at all.
Reason: